• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I agree with you there and for most people without unlimited bank accounts Staccato's should be just fine.
    In keeping with that, for me at least another point. I will not finance guns or gun related gear. I buy what I can afford. Picking up a Prodigy and then putting a little at a time into it until I am happy is less of a monetary hardship even if eventually you get to the point of what you would spend on a Staccato.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    In keeping with that, for me at least another point. I will not finance guns or gun related gear. I buy what I can afford. Picking up a Prodigy and then putting a little at a time into it until I am happy is less of a monetary hardship even if eventually you get to the point of what you would spend on a Staccato.
    This is kinda where I'm at, in a way. At $1500 (Prodigy) I'm interested in the platform and would consider buying. At $2400 (Staccato) I'm not even entertaining buying one.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    This is kinda where I'm at, in a way. At $1500 (Prodigy) I'm interested in the platform and would consider buying. At $2400 (Staccato) I'm not even entertaining buying one.

I find this interesting, I have always theorized for your "average" person the most they are willing to spend on a handgun seems to be between $1000-$1500. Cannot say I watch the classies at all but it seems that handguns in the <$600 price range are the most common and move the fastest. While $1000+ guns generally will sit for longer but retain slightly more of their original value (if cared for).

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    Let's not forget the tooling/jigs/stones needed for fitting up these parts to bring it up to "par" if you're on the level. I've got other things to occupy my time with. Give me a Glock or a P320 and with the leftovers I can load up on extra mags and ammo.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Let's not forget the tooling/jigs/stones needed for fitting up these parts to bring it up to "par" if you're on the level. I've got other things to occupy my time with. Give me a Glock or a P320 and with the leftovers I can load up on extra mags and ammo.
    You don't need any tools beyond a punch to swap out springs on a 1911 and adjust an extractor.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I find this interesting, I have always theorized for your "average" person the most they are willing to spend on a handgun seems to be between $1000-$1500. Cannot say I watch the classies at all but it seems that handguns in the <$600 price range are the most common and move the fastest. While $1000+ guns generally will sit for longer but retain slightly more of their original value (if cared for).
    This is probably an accurate assessment, for INGO the sweet spot is generally like you said up to about 600.00 after that stuff can sit awhile.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Don't forget 1500.00 is MSRP, nobody should pay this except for us early adopters, it's really about a 1350.00 gun in reality.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    You do you brother. But those guns are not the same market share as the Prodigy and really aren't relevant to the conversation either.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I know. I was just keeping the pricing same as Staccato MSRP.

ZX had them for $1399.
    Guns like SPFD's though will almost always sell under MSRP as a matter of course (when the hoopla dies down), Staccato's on the other hand are pretty much always at MSRP, on GB they are pretty much all set at MSRP and that's it. You might find shops like Dean said that will deal but that's not the norm.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Update from 10-8 performance.

That was page 14 , #dupepolice

624nScb.jpg

More 2011 goodness

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    On the way home from Churchmouse's memorial, I stopped in at Indiana Gun Club. Spent about 40 minutes fondling Staccatos and talking shop with an awesome employee named Gordon. Now my wife is trying to process why I wantandneed a $2500 handgun.

I may have to redact my previous statement about not even considering spending Staccato money. Might have to take a damn hard look in the safe for some stuff that I could live without.

I'm blaming @Dean Crail for this.....:)

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    On the way home from Churchmouse's memorial, I stopped in at Indiana Gun Club. Spent about 40 minutes fondling Staccatos and talking shop with an awesome employee named Gordon. Now my wife is trying to process why I wantandneed a $2500 handgun.

I may have to redact my previous statement about not even considering spending Staccato money. Might have to take a damn hard look in the safe for some stuff that I could live without.

I'm blaming @Dean Crail for this.....:)

You should definitely do it , I will 100% take the blame.

Yo3DcSV.jpg

Doesn't Rock Island off a 17+1 9mm 1911?

That's not a clone of the Staccato like the SA gun is. The RIA is considerably worse in every way versus the SA and Staccato guns.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You should definitely do it , I will 100% take the blame.

Yo3DcSV.jpg

That's not a clone of the Staccato like the SA gun is. The RIA is considerably worse in every way versus the SA and Staccato guns.
    I would think so considering they are a $700 pistol which is 2x less than an SA and 3-4x less than the Staccato. I just thought they may have did the design because of the 2011's.

Top Bottom