• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    So what is everyone's honest opinion on the Springfield so far that has one and has shot it? I know all the gun tubers are either for it or are having issues.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Reminder to all the new 2011 owners , clean your magazines semi-regularly to keep your pistol running 100%. They have a tendency to get pretty filthy in my experience even when using pretty clean factory ammo.

6rDCHfV.jpg

Notice all the crap built up at the bottom of the base plates , the inside of the tubes are way worse.

tyRf9RH.jpg

fBqIVjl.jpg

Eliminates the potential for a "salt shaker" magazine malfunction. I clean my mags roughly twice a year

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    So what is everyone's honest opinion on the Springfield so far that has one and has shot it? I know all the gun tubers are either for it or are having issues.
    Mine's running like a champ, I did put in a 14lb recoil spring to see what would happen. I thought it might be too much but even target 9mm fmj's went through fine, hp's with more oompf still ejected with authority.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    Rock island is one company.
    I have one and I milled the slide for a RMR.
    Off a rest at 25 yards,I put 6 shots thru one ragged hole.

I like the idea of a Staccato, but the additional cost to mount an RMR seems excessive - $200 for the DPO and another $160 for an RMR plate. One option is to get the non-DPO version and get it milled for an RMR - it should sit lower in the slide too.

Any disadvantage to this approach?

Also, what would be the approximate cost to get a 1911/2011 slide milled for an RMR? .

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Don't forget about Bul Armory they make 2011's also.

1665372707534.png

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I like the idea of a Staccato, but the additional cost to mount an RMR seems excessive - $200 for the DPO and another $160 for an RMR plate. One option is to get the non-DPO version and get it milled for an RMR - it should sit lower in the slide too.

Also, what would be the approximate cost to get a 1911/2011 slide milled for an RMR? .

Either way you are going to have to use a plate to properly mount a RMR, so cost will be about a wash. C&H and Vulcan Machine Works can do it , a 507K might work but will look awful IMHO. Mounting optics to a 1911/2011 is not cheap

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville

I milled my own,I have a mill.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    I just picked up my Staccato today. Had to mail order it and pick up at the LGS. I guess it is a 2011 although some may argue - it is the single stack C model. I have a bunch of WC magazines from when I had a Dan Wesson, so I am almost ready to go. It came with three magazines but no holster. I called Staccato directly and they confirmed holsters are no longer included. The sights are the regular height (not suppressor height) so that will impact optic choice. Rules out the DPP. Starting to watch Youtube reviews of Shield and Swampfox sights.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I just picked up my Staccato today. Had to mail order it and pick up at the LGS. I guess it is a 2011 although some may argue - it is the single stack C model. I have a bunch of WC magazines from when I had a Dan Wesson, so I am almost ready to go. It came with three magazines but no holster. I called Staccato directly and they confirmed holsters are no longer included. The sights are the regular height (not suppressor height) so that will impact optic choice. Rules out the DPP. Starting to watch Youtube reviews of Shield and Swampfox sights.

Nice ! I have a Dan Wesson ECO and love it , considered a C multiple times because the 9 has got to be just super easy to shoot (the 45 ECO is a bit of a handful). The C was actually recently discontinued , I would strongly suggest looking at the Holosun 507k the best of the micro dots IMHO.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    Dan Wesson makes a nice 1911. Sweet spot for 1911s imho - no Mim and yet not as expensive as the semi customs like Wilson. I was pretty stoked to find a C - as you noted, they just discontinued them. If I like the platform, I can always pick up a C2 - I believe they can use the same holster. I hadn't planned on having to pay for a holster. AIWB is what works for me - it may be time to check out a Keepers. I currently have a JM Custom Kydex for my HK P30.
    Nice ! I have a Dan Wesson ECO and love it , considered a C multiple times because the 9 has got to be just super easy to shoot (the 45 ECO is a bit of a handful). The C was actually recently discontinued , I would strongly suggest looking at the Holosun 507k the best of the micro dots IMHO.
    What holster did you go with for your C2?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Dan Wesson makes a nice 1911. Sweet spot for 1911s imho - no Mim and yet not as expensive as the semi customs like Wilson. I was pretty stoked to find a C - as you noted, they just discontinued them. If I like the platform, I can always pick up a C2 - I believe they can use the same holster. I hadn't planned on having to pay for a holster. AIWB is what works for me - it may be time to check out a Keepers. I currently have a JM Custom Kydex for my HK P30.

What holster did you go with for your C2?

So I am not sure about C and C2 holster compatibility myself , but for my Dan Wesson ECO I carry it in a Milt Sparks Criterion and I carry my Staccato P in a TT Gun leather rig cut for optics. I need to call Milt Sparks and get a Criterion made for my P.

4vElizR.jpg

JzkRaEJ.jpg

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    Nice holsters! I move here from Boise - the home of Milt Sparks. I have a VersaCarry for my P30 and also a TT copy of a VersaCarry - also for my P30. But for me, they both print really badly so I van gone the AIWB route. The P30 just barely conceals in a JM Custom Kydex holster. I am going to go kydex for my Staccato - currently researching LAS Concealment, JM, Keepers ($$$!!!), Crucial etc. Any recommendations are welcome.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Nice holsters! I move here from Boise - the home of Milt Sparks. I have a VersaCarry for my P30 and also a TT copy of a VersaCarry - also for my P30. But for me, they both print really badly so I van gone the AIWB route. The P30 just barely conceals in a JM Custom Kydex holster. I am going to go kydex for my Staccato - currently researching LAS Concealment, JM, Keepers ($$$!!!), Crucial etc. Any recommendations are welcome.
    I like my LAS, but there are a lot of good options out there, especially if you are not a lefty like me

PXL_20221014_014529244.jpg

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Take a look a C&G Holsters. I have several and IMHO they are one of the best out there. I’m getting ready to order one for my C2.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    So I am not sure about C and C2 holster compatibility myself , but for my Dan Wesson ECO I carry it in a Milt Sparks Criterion and I carry my Staccato P in a TT Gun leather rig cut for optics. I need to call Milt Sparks and get a Criterion made for my P.

4vElizR.jpg

JzkRaEJ.jpg

With a Milt Sparks 26-30 week lead time I got lucky and a reseller (kgbcustom.com) was expecting a shipment within 4 weeks (I'm a lefty, so in-stock is less likey just about anywhere).

I just received my Milt Sparks Summer Special II the other day. I have begun CC'ing it to help with break-in and to get used to an IWB since it is my first IWB rig. No retention other than a nice tight fit but is manageable. I am using the technique listed on the MS FAQ to place the unloaded pistol in the 4-mil plastic bag it was shipped in and put it all in the holster overnight. After a couple hours I can already tell the difference, easier to draw than when I first tried it.

I am digging it so far!
    1665770670624.jpeg

1665770684302.jpeg

Last edited:

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    I like my LAS, but there are a lot of good options out there, especially if you are not a lefty like me

View attachment 230154
    Love that color! I am guessing it is a discontinued pattern? Looks like a Saya - I think I will go with a Shogun in order to keep the width of the holster down. Looks like the belt will engage the "claw" completely. Some of the holsters I ruled out seem to only engage the lower part of their claw. Makes me think that it might encourage the grip to tilt out from the body.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    Take a look a C&G Holsters. I have several and IMHO they are one of the best out there. I’m getting ready to order one for my C2.
    I don't think I'd heard of C&G before. Their IWB Alpha looks like a likely choice. Seems competitively priced. They list it for a C2 model but don't mention a C. I will have to contact them about that.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I don't think I'd heard of C&G before. Their IWB Alpha looks like a likely choice. Seems competitively priced. They list it for a C2 model but don't mention a C. I will have to contact them about that.
    I do believe that the C and the C2 use the same holster due to the guns using the same slide.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Has anyone on here tried the Enigma system for appendix? I have heard nothing but good things about the system and am considering giving it a shot to make carrying my 2011 easier.

Plus the LAS holsters are compatabile

Top Bottom