• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Based solely off the YouTube videos I have seen I really want to see a Bul gun in person. I have looked whenever I stop by a gun shop but have yet to see a single one of their guns in person. Interested to see what you think of it, my issue with them is the amount of proprietary parts it has. My understanding is they are more similarly built to the Para guns
    If you're ever up in Fort Wayne, Wrigley Sales on Lima Rd stocks Bul Armory and have a few offerings last I was there. I've only fondled a single stack 1911, it seemed nicely made from the short time I handled it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Basically, I'm at the point where the only option I see for what I want is a Staccato. I want an optics cut and a threaded barrel, the threaded barrel rules out the Prodigy and Bul offerings. The Staccato route is just a lot of damn money right now, but I know it would be the "buy once, cry once" choice for me personally on a 2011 platform.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Basically, I'm at the point where the only option I see for what I want is a Staccato. I want an optics cut and a threaded barrel, the threaded barrel rules out the Prodigy and Bul offerings. The Staccato route is just a lot of damn money right now, but I know it would be the "buy once, cry once" choice for me personally on a 2011 platform.

I won't post the obi-wan meme again since I have already got you once this thread with it :abused: I REALLY wish the threaded barrel was an option when I got mine. Now if I want that it will cost me $600+ for a new barrel

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I like the C2 Duo with threaded barrel, it gives you the option to play with their comp and still have a pretty compact package. They are announcing something new here I heard as well, maybe something even more compact.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Why would a new barrel cost 600.00?

$650 for them to fit a new threaded DLC barrel, I would then have two barrels for my 2011 both fit by Staccato to the gun.

I am excited for the new product they are releasing soon as well, though the idea of a Threaded steel framed C2 sounds really appealing currently. Not a fan of aluminum frames on guns I know I am going to shoot a lot.

devildog70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Haven't shot a Prodigy, but my Staccato P has been rock solid. Sitting at just over 2500 rds total on it in about a month. 3 failures to extract when I went 600 rds without cleaning or lubing. Gun was extremely dry, and pretty gunky. Drop of lube at the back of each rail, drop of lube on the barrel, amd gun was right back to chugging away.

I have a mix of 124 +P HST, 147gr HST, 135gr Critical Duty, 115gr AE, and 147gr AE through it, with only the "issue" above.

ETA: cost was 2500ish with black DLC threaded barrel. Came with 2 20-round mags, and 4 17-round mags (Heroes program).

20220828_160213.jpg

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Haven't shot a Prodigy, but my Staccato P has been rock solid. Sitting at just over 2500 rds total on it in about a month. 3 failures to extract when I went 600 rds without cleaning or lubing. Gun was extremely dry, and pretty gunky. Drop of lube at the back of each rail, drop of lube on the barrel, amd gun was right back to chugging away.

I have a mix of 124 +P HST, 147gr HST, 135gr Critical Duty, 115gr AE, and 147gr AE through it, with only the "issue" above.

View attachment 227852
    What trigger is that?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Red Dirt USA. The grip module is Extreme Shooters with "Tactical" stippling. Noticeably thinner than the factory grip, and VERY grippy.

How do you like the modlight? Been really looking at their WML's as they are not that far off from Surefire in pricing but they seem even better.

devildog70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    How do you like the modlight? Been really looking at their WML's as they are not that far off from Surefire in pricing but they seem even better.
    I like it a lot. If you are a person who simply has to have a momentary function, they are not for you. If you are not, they are awesome.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    I've been considering the Modlight as well. Trying to decide on which head to get. I currently have the X300 but think the simplicity of controls is a plus. Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics has done a good video on the Modlight.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    This has me wondering if SA just uses the same slide blanks for all their 1911's now for some reason. It would explain why the newer guns have less of the billboard sides they used to.

Top Bottom