• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    This is now the unofficially official 2011 thread IMHO , not that I am biased.

For all Staccato owners fill out this form if you want a free hat , patch and stickers. I bought my pistol 3 years ago and it does not matter. Kinda a cool "benefit" , took 5 days from registration to get my package in the mail.

BnDZmJn.jpg

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    On the way home from Churchmouse's memorial, I stopped in at Indiana Gun Club. Spent about 40 minutes fondling Staccatos and talking shop with an awesome employee named Gordon. Now my wife is trying to process why I wantandneed a $2500 handgun.

I may have to redact my previous statement about not even considering spending Staccato money. Might have to take a damn hard look in the safe for some stuff that I could live without.

I'm blaming @Dean Crail for this.....:)
    I thought you were blaming me, after all you went in there just after I left with a C2…

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    This is now the unofficially official 2011 thread IMHO , not that I am biased.

I've gone full circle.

Having wanted a 2011 for a while, the Prodigy was most exciting since I've always liked what a SA 1911 can become. While I still haven't seen a reason to NOT buy a Prodigy, the cost to make it what I want is too close to Staccato money to not just buy a Staccato.

I just made a couple major firearm purchases so I will just have live vicariously through Dean, Chris and T-dogg for awhile...

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    On the way home from Churchmouse's memorial, I stopped in at Indiana Gun Club. Spent about 40 minutes fondling Staccatos and talking shop with an awesome employee named Gordon. Now my wife is trying to process why I wantandneed a $2500 handgun.

I may have to redact my previous statement about not even considering spending Staccato money. Might have to take a damn hard look in the safe for some stuff that I could live without.

I'm blaming @Dean Crail for this.....:)
    Gordon is a good dude and a friend of mine (bar/pool hangout) and is good friends with Phil the owner. I picked up my TRP from IGC. Their inventory is usually pretty nice. I have drooled over the "high end' case where the WIlsons, LeBear's, etc are kept.

Only wish they had a handgun range there, but the sporting clays are a blast.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    The lust is deep today.....

I gave in to the dark side a couple weeks ago, and went with this foreign low-budget model, just to test the waters with a high-cap 1911. Ordered it on a Thursday at lunchtime, and my FFL called me it was in Friday afternoon. One day, I think from Arizona!

Initial impressions are good, but I havn't shot it yet. Slide to frame fit is tight. Recoil spring feels light, maybe too light. Trigger feels good, reset good, safety feels good. I'm not a fan of the plastic grip module, would prefer aluminum. Grip texture is rather abrasive - might have to do some smoothing there. Trigger needs de-burred - very sharp edges.

I know this thread is about the Prodigy, but there's been plenty of Staccato talk, so I thought I'd post this one up. Hopefully get to shoot it soon. If I like the format, I'll be looking at the blued-steel version of this one with the optic cut, or the Prodigy, or a Staccato.

I didn't clean this up before the pics. It came plenty wet with oil.

IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It is a Direct Mount on the Staccato. Dawson makes the rear sight just for the DPP that takes that into account.
    I know it's direct mount, i'm saying if it wasn't it'd be even worse since that sight is so ridiculously tall in the back. It does have that big clear window though.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    fa9sBLo.jpg

It's a tall optic , but it's USMS SOG correct and I enjoy the window. The Dawson rear sight is really neat too fits perfectly and looks like it was made for the gun. If my DPP ever dies I am upgrading to an ACRO P-2 however

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I stopped by my FFL dealer’s shop to pick up a transfer and one of the guys hanging out was talking to him about Bul Tac. The Prodigy came up and the owner told him to stay away from it for 6-8 months. Apparently a few of his regulars have already had to send theirs back in.

FWIW, this guy has done all of my transfers for the past six years. If I were in the market for a Prodigy, his advice would be enough for me to hold off.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I gave in to the dark side a couple weeks ago, and went with this foreign low-budget model, just to test the waters with a high-cap 1911. Ordered it on a Thursday at lunchtime, and my FFL called me it was in Friday afternoon. One day, I think from Arizona!

Initial impressions are good, but I havn't shot it yet. Slide to frame fit is tight. Recoil spring feels light, maybe too light. Trigger feels good, reset good, safety feels good. I'm not a fan of the plastic grip module, would prefer aluminum. Grip texture is rather abrasive - might have to do some smoothing there. Trigger needs de-burred - very sharp edges.

I know this thread is about the Prodigy, but there's been plenty of Staccato talk, so I thought I'd post this one up. Hopefully get to shoot it soon. If I like the format, I'll be looking at the blued-steel version of this one with the optic cut, or the Prodigy, or a Staccato.

I didn't clean this up before the pics. It came plenty wet with oil.

View attachment 227609

View attachment 227610

Based solely off the YouTube videos I have seen I really want to see a Bul gun in person. I have looked whenever I stop by a gun shop but have yet to see a single one of their guns in person. Interested to see what you think of it, my issue with them is the amount of proprietary parts it has. My understanding is they are more similarly built to the Para guns

Top Bottom