• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I'm looking to install a muzzle brake on my Ruger Precision 308 rifle. As luck would have it there isn't one available anywhere that google can find. The Ruger part is #90590. If i don't have any luck finding it then what other muzzle brake is recommended for this application or you have had good luck with. It would have to be 5/8"x24 for 308.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    There's tons of great options out there since you cant find the Ruger brake you want. You could always try a different one until that onea availability comes back around. Google search is your friend. Once you find one you like, google reviews of it. Plenty of good articles out there on most top name brakes that give real good details of their effectiveness.

Here's just one article that gives the writers opinions of his top 5 pick with a list of pros and cons for each

https://thegunzone.com/best-308-muzzle-brake/

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Lantac Dragon muzzle brake, Seekins Precision 308 muzzle brake with their timing nut are a few. Or you can go real fancy with one from Tactical Advantage Armory in titanium.. To stay budget friendly I would go with a Seekins with their timing nut :twocents:

Sorry I responded before I seen you made a choice. Let us know how it performs for you.

Top Bottom