• ...and so much more!
  • top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    i've had a ruger mkII pistol for many years. has a tacsol upper, and a complete volquartsen trigger group. has been shooting flawlessly with cci minimags, but with the shortage of rimfire ammo in general i've been having ejection and stovepiping problems with the eley club ammo i shoot in my 10-22s due to less fps.
    does anyone know if someone sells a lighter recoil spring or have a solution for this?
    dont say change ammo, the tacsol upper is SUPER picky about feeding with the quote quote junk ammo, i.e. remington, winchester, federal, etc. have tried aguilla, wolf, lapua, rws, eley match and eley tenex without full success. so i've decided a lighter recoil spring is going to be required to cure problem.

i've heard cutting coils off spring wont help, just hoping someone has an idea for me....thanks...daryll

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    i tried clipping the spring, but its a capture spring. no way to get it off the guide rod. but i was able to collapse about 4 coils with side cut pliers. still didnt function with eley club ammo at 1085 fps. tried winchester m-22 at 1255 fps, worked perfect as it did with cci mini mags. so i'm hoping to find more of the faster ammo..

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    its a volquartzen extractor and in good condition and very sharp. no crud under it either.

and like i posted yesterday, it works flawlwssly with the faster ammo.

Working flawlessly with faster ammo is what made me question the extractor... With rimfires, as you probably know, the extractor is generally one of the first places to look if a gun will work with the high vel stuff but not others.

Next - how is the extractor spring? Does the extractor pivot freely in the channel?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    i tried clipping the spring, but its a capture spring. no way to get it off the guide rod. but i was able to collapse about 4 coils with side cut pliers. still didnt function with eley club ammo at 1085 fps. tried winchester m-22 at 1255 fps, worked perfect as it did with cci mini mags. so i'm hoping to find more of the faster ammo..

Should still be able to clip coils. You just have to clip half a coil at a time so it will fall off the rod. Might be a bit challenging to get the end-coils where it's doubled or tripled up but with good cutter you should be able to.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    i've had a ruger mkII pistol for many years. has a tacsol upper, and a complete volquartsen trigger group. has been shooting flawlessly with cci minimags, but with the shortage of rimfire ammo in general i've been having ejection and stovepiping problems with the eley club ammo i shoot in my 10-22s due to less fps.
    does anyone know if someone sells a lighter recoil spring or have a solution for this?
    dont say change ammo, the tacsol upper is SUPER picky about feeding with the quote quote junk ammo, i.e. remington, winchester, federal, etc. have tried aguilla, wolf, lapua, rws, eley match and eley tenex without full success. so i've decided a lighter recoil spring is going to be required to cure problem.

i've heard cutting coils off spring wont help, just hoping someone has an idea for me....thanks...daryll

Springs for RUGER MKI, MKII, MKIII, 22-45 .22LR Semi-Auto Pistols

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    i have several wolff springs for my 45's and had seen the one for the mkII's and actually called them to verifry that that recoil spring was stronger than stock, not lighter like i wanted. appreciate the link anyway.

the extractor is free in its slot and pivots fine. why i wanted to lighten spring is i have another mkII that has exactly same malfunctions with the eley club ammo AND my 10-22's had similar issues with the slow ammo until i replaced recoil springs with lighter ones from Tony Kidd. they function perfect now too.

i just built a new ar15-22 with taccom ulw upper and bolt, and it shoots the eley just fine. i love this new build, has the taccom carbon fiber buttstock, complete rifle weighs less than 4 lbs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom