• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I haven't had it happen with my Shield, knock on wood, but I did do it a couple weeks ago slamming home a 17 round mag in my 2.0 Compact. :(

Operator error.
    It was the first time I loaded a rental.

You may call it operator error, I consider it a manufacturing flaw. It is a pinch hazard that would not be acceptable in any other machine.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It was the first time I loaded a rental.

You may call it operator error, I consider it a manufacturing flaw. It is a pinch hazard that would not be acceptable in any other machine.
    You may be right, but I tend to blame stuff like that on my ineptitude, lol.

The comment was directed at me, not you.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just asking, has anyone with one of these small poly pistols that have the mag bottom flush with the outside of the grip gotten a good blood blister driving home a magazine?

That happened to me with a shield.
    I've got it from my 1911 10mm lol. Yes I have big hands.
    20210323_174712.jpg
    20210323_175735.jpg

My shield 45 7rd mag I take more precautions to prevent that.
    20210323_175031.jpg
    Will have to do the same with my 1911 10mm.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have carried a 1911 for years and never done that, of course my hand does not extend that far down the grip.

The first modification I made was to remove the lanyard loop. The first time I drove home a milspec mag I drove the loop into the heel of my hand.

I also remove the button on ball caps.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have carried a 1911 for years and never done that, of course my hand does not extend that far down the grip.

The first modification I made was to remove the lanyard loop. The first time I drove home a milspec mag I drove the loop into the heel of my hand.

I also remove the button on ball caps.
    My CZ P10F fits my hand perfectly with its 19rd magazine.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Still happy with my 6 shooter
    Ditto this...every time I start looking at the newest, fanciest, new-fangled pistol on the market...I tend to lean back and slowly embrace what I have...and am happy, for the most part, with the little revolvers that I have and EDC every day!
    Out of the toys I have, those little S&W J-Framed, 360J's are a joy to shoot, easy to carry, and are a pleasant edc revolver.
    If all else fails, I'm comfortable with my Glock 27 in .40 S&W...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ditto this...every time I start looking at the newest, fanciest, new-fangled pistol on the market...I tend to lean back and slowly embrace what I have...and am happy, for the most part, with the little revolvers that I have and EDC every day!
    Out of the toys I have, those little S&W J-Framed, 360J's are a joy to shoot, easy to carry, and are a pleasant edc revolver.
    If all else fails, I'm comfortable with my Glock 27 in .40 S&W...
    My son he is 26 and his ccw is his Ruger Vaquero 45colt. He has a springfield xd 45acp but likes his Vaquero more.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Most be the going price for them at this time. I think you can buy a full size American 9mm for less.

Agreed. Biden and the Dems are focused on wasting trillion$, not gun control. It's probably safe to wait for the price on the Max to drop before buying one.

dw.watts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2021
    Kokomo
    Needs tools to disassemble? Have yet to speak to someone that actually has one. That might be a picky thing to look at, but I’m not interested in it for that reason alone. But still would like to see if you ACTUALLY need tools.

Top Bottom