• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Took both LCP IIs to the range yesterday. The 22lr had no malfunctions with Federal Hi-vel bulk pack and some CCI Mini Mags. The 380 was fired with Aguila 95 FMJ. I shoot the 380s sparingly these days for obvious reasons. I will eventually need to load up some 380s. The 22lr target was with the Federal. Both shot at 7 yards standing two hand hold.

Attachments

• A 1 a a a LCPx2.jpg
      A 1 a a a LCPx2.jpg
      157 KB · Views: 6

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    I’m getting the itch to try another LCP 22lr. I had one of the earlier ones that was a lemon for me. Would love to hear any updated reports from people that have this gun. How’s the reliability now that they have been out for a bit? Thanks
    I bought one in January. Many fails regardless of ammo. Early March I returned it to Ruger. They replaced the barrel. Works a little better but still an occasional fail. Haven’t had it out for a couple of weeks due to getting sick. Will do a thorough clean and will polish the bore and see if it’s any better. As of now, I don’t trust if for any defense.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have fired 3 different ones.
    I have bought nearly everything .22LR to try out.
    After 4 yrs. I have what I like.

I passed on buying the LCP .22LR, even though I fully intended to do so since I love a small .22LR just for the challenge of shooting it.
    I bring the target up to 15' for really small .22 handguns with short barrels.

The LCP shot really low for me & it bugged me.
    Must be me b/c Hickok45 had no trouble hitting the "gong" at his range, ha ha!

For my small .22LR, I enjoy my all metal with hammer Bersa .22
    And, I love my even smaller Sig 938-22.

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    Hmmmm. Late to the party. I have several LCP pistols in 380 (1st and 2nd versions). I had no idea that Ruger made an LCP 22. Noe I have another gun I want that I don’t really need...

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    I bought one in January. Many fails regardless of ammo. Early March I returned it to Ruger. They replaced the barrel. Works a little better but still an occasional fail. Haven’t had it out for a couple of weeks due to getting sick. Will do a thorough clean and will polish the bore and see if it’s any better. As of now, I don’t trust if for any defense.
    Today was a successful shoot. 110 rds w/3 cartridge fails, not gun.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Hi, I've got an LCP2 with Lasermax also and was wondering, were you able to get the gripsense to activate with the Pocket Shot?
    Good question… I haven’t taken the pistol to the range yet (I might do that this week or weekend), but once I get the laser sighted in I’ll drop it into the holster and let you know. Based upon the fiddling around I’ve done so far, I don’t anticipate any problems with being able to activate the laser inside the holster.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Another update. Put 50 rounds of mini mags, 50 rounds of blazer, and 50 rounds of Aguila super extra. Zero malfunctions of any kind. I’m beginning to gain confidence in the reliability of this little gun.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Another update. Put 50 rounds of mini mags, 50 rounds of blazer, and 50 rounds of Aguila super extra. Zero malfunctions of any kind. I’m beginning to gain confidence in the reliability of this little gun.
    There is a break in period for all firearms. Some say 400-500 I personally think 1,000 should be a good break in.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    It’s been awhile, but I shot 50 rounds of blazer and 20 rounds of aguila super extra with zero problems today. A couple mags was rapid fire.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    This weekend, ending June 20, 2021, shopruger.com is having a sale on LCP2 accessories. And they have added a threaded barrel for the .22 LCP. If anyone is interested.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    50 rounds of blazer and 50 rounds of federal auto match. Zero problems. At this point I would recommend it for someone looking for an easy to shoot pocket gun.

Top Bottom