• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I was finally able to get to the range yesterday and put the gun through the paces. I shot 250 rounds, which included 150 rounds of CCI Mini mags, 50 rounds of Blazer, and 50 rounds of Aguila Super Extra. I had two failures. The first was on the first round and it was my fault. Ive been battling elbow tendonitis for approximately a year, so I was easing my way into gripping the gun to make sure I didn't aggravate it. The second failure was the second to last round. I'm happy with the performance of this little 22. My initial impressions are that the LCP in 22 will be a far superior pocket gun for me over its bigger brother. It was extremely accurate at 15 feet. The follow up shots were quick, and most importantly it was a blast to shoot. Whereas, every LCP 380 ive had I couldn't hit the side of a barn, and was an absolute miserable shooting experience. Not to mention the price of ammo. If the gun continues to perform in this fashion, I'll be a happy camper.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    My initial impressions are that the LCP in 22 will be a far superior pocket gun for me over its bigger brother. It was extremely accurate at 15 feet. The follow up shots were quick, and most importantly it was a blast to shoot. Whereas, every LCP 380 ive had I couldn't hit the side of a barn, and was an absolute miserable shooting experience. Not to mention the price of ammo. If the gun continues to perform in this fashion, I'll be a happy camper.
    Owning both the 22lr and 380 versions of the LCP II I can agree the 22lr version is easier to shoot accurately. But I do find the 380 to be fairly accurate at least at the 7 yard line. To shoot well with the 380 I have to have the magazine finger extension and have an very firm grip. The 380 has been 100% reliable thus far where the 22 has had a few malfunctions every once in a while. CCI Mini Mags work very well in it.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Owning both the 22lr and 380 versions of the LCP II I can agree the 22lr version is easier to shoot accurately. But I do find the 380 to be fairly accurate at least at the 7 yard line. To shoot well with the 380 I have to have the magazine finger extension and have an very firm grip. The 380 has been 100% reliable thus far where the 22 has had a few malfunctions every once in a while. CCI Mini Mags work very well in it.
    Yeah, if I could shoot the LCP accurately, I would have no need for the same gun in 22lr. But after 6 or 7 LCP 380s, its clear to me that I'm the problem, not the gun. lol

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Ok, I bit. I’ve wanted a mousegun that I could take literally anywhere for quite a while now and ithey probably don’t get much more “carryable” than this. I hope it runs OK on CCI SV because that’s all I’ve got, and a bunch of it. I’ll let you guys know.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ok, I bit. I’ve wanted a mousegun that I could take literally anywhere for quite a while now and ithey probably don’t get much more “carryable” than this. I hope it runs OK on CCI SV because that’s all I’ve got, and a bunch of it. I’ll let you guys know.
    A friend of mine shoots Remington sv in her lcp 2 22lr. It runs them fine. I would imagine CCI SV should too its better quality ammunition.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I’ve had no problem with cci sv in mine. Haven’t shot a ton of it probably 100 rds. So far the little lcp has functioned with any ammo I’ve tried

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I hope to get the opportunity to handle one soon. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis in both hands and struggled with my LCP II in .380, it was all me not the gun. In order to shoot it well I had to concentrate on hand placement as well as trigger finger position way to long. Went back to my shield in 9mm for pocket gun, it is about as small as I can shoot in quick pull point and shoot with any effectiveness. But a LCP II .22 will just be a range toy for me so it should be fun when one makes itself my way.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    100 rds of CCI Blazer, great...5 RDS of Herter’s, arggghhhh!
    Ok, back to the factory. 50 rounds of Blazer with only on fail. 50 rounds of Armscor with no fail. Tried Herter’s with one fail to eject after another. Then constant squibs. Ejector just not doing the job. Great phone call with Ruger customer service. They sent return authorization. So we’ll see what I get back. Hope it’s made well because I do love that little thing.

Last edited:

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    I hope to get the opportunity to handle one soon. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis in both hands and struggled with my LCP II in .380, it was all me not the gun. In order to shoot it well I had to concentrate on hand placement as well as trigger finger position way to long. Went back to my shield in 9mm for pocket gun, it is about as small as I can shoot in quick pull point and shoot with any effectiveness. But a LCP II .22 will just be a range toy for me so it should be fun when one makes itself my way.
    It will be great for your hands.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I ordered two 2-packs of magazines ($40, eBay), a LaserMax Gripsense laser (green, $125, Optics Planet) and a DeSantis Pocket Shot holster ($35, Optics Planet) for mine. Everything is inbound. I’ll let you all know it all works out together.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I put another 70 rounds of mini mags through the gun with no problems. I sped up the pace of shooting just a bit, slightly under rapid fire. Distance of 17 feet or so. Grouping was satisfactory for me, but nothing to write home about. I’ll becoming a big fan of this little gun.

Attachments

• 6112423F-D8C5-42B6-9383-415B34C8EF0F.jpeg
      6112423F-D8C5-42B6-9383-415B34C8EF0F.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 7

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Not bad at all with the hard to see sights (at least for me!)
    Its been a while since I shot my LCP II 22lr. I ought to do a "shoot off" between it and my 380 LCP II.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not bad at all with the hard to see sights
    My friend's lcp2 22lr sight was the same way. She wanted something to brighten it up. I told her I had 3 colors for sight paint. White, red, green. She choose white. I cleaned and applied it, and told her to let it dry and cure for at least 24 hours. Now she really likes it and is hitting her target much better now.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    My friend's lcp2 22lr sight was the same way. She wanted something to brighten it up. I told her I had 3 colors for sight paint. White, red, green. She choose white. I cleaned and applied it, and told her to let it dry and cure for at least 24 hours. Now she really likes it and is hitting her target much better now.
    Yeah I wish Ruger had made these with a white dot front sight. I know these are not target guns but my "old eyes" just don't see open sights well , especially all black pocket gun sights. I'll see how I do today with the LCP II "twins".

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    They went through the same thing on the LCR… no paint on the front sight until they had been out a few years. Can’t imagine it’s so price sensitive that it was a cost saving decision not to bring the LCP II to market with a painted front sight.

I’m debating having my slide laser engraved to add three dots. I could create a CAD file with elliptical dots (as viewed from above) so that all three appear round when sighting the pistol. OTOH, If I stick with the green laser it shouldn’t matter.

Top Bottom