• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Has anyone seen one of these at a gun store? I'd love to get my paws on one.

I am thinking something like a 1-4x or 1.5-7x scope on it.

But I can't seem to find one even online right now.

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    I saw several Ruger Americans including 223 Ranch at Bridgeport Eqipment in Gallipolis Oh this morning. Production must be coming back. Also they were well stocked on ammo, no limits. Some calibers priced less than RK just down the road from them.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I saw several Ruger Americans including 223 Ranch at Bridgeport Eqipment in Gallipolis Oh this morning. Production must be coming back. Also they were well stocked on ammo, no limits. Some calibers priced less than RK just down the road from them.

Got one! I've got to dig out my Redfield 2-7x33 and fire it up. What scopes/rings are you guys running? Fort Liberty had a nice set of Sig Alpha rings I almost bought tonight. I may go back and pick those up tomorrow. I'm going to light this stick up Saturday! Can't wait!

Appreciate all the help around here!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I found my Redfield 3-9x40 (Haven't found my 2-7x33 yet) and threw it on with a Burris Pepr mount just to have something on there to look through in the living room. It is a high mount, and optimized for an AR, so I thought it would be too high and too far forward but it actually feels pretty good. I'm a tall guy with a big head so I can actually still get a decent cheek weld even with it up so high.

I do need to back the scope up in it a bit. I can bring it back at least 1/2 inch in the rings. I also like that it is one solid piece. However, it is heavier than standard rings. I did buy a set of cheap but pretty solid 4 strap aluminum low rings at Wallyworld to try out. But the Pepr would take a beating and hold zero, which would be good for a ranch rifle if one were to throw it in the back of a truck or abuse it in some way.

Fort Liberty also has Sig Alpha rings which might be a very nice option, too. Not sure what they'll give me over the $10 Wallyworld rings, though.

I think I'll take it to the range tomorrow and first try it this way, then throw the 2-7 on there with the low rings and see which feels better. I'm betting the 2-7 and low rings gets the nod once I start shooting. I must say I forgot how nice the glass is on these inexpensive Redfield scopes. They were made by Leupold in Oregon. Sadly, they sold the brand to someone else.

Here it is with the Pepr.

What a nice little rifle! I'm dying to punch some paper with it! What rings/scopes are you guys running with yours?

PXL_20210604_023731977.jpg

Last edited:

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    After you shoot it, you will have "the big head". You may as well go ahead and put good rings on it to start with. Price of ammo too is high to keep sighting in.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I put Weaver high mount rings on it and went with the 2-7x33 Redfield scope on it. It is a nice lightweight package. I went to the range today and dialed it in at 50 yards, shredding the red dot on the target with American Eagle 55 grain .223. I shot 3 rounds with Barnes Vortex 55grain (TSX bullets) and 2 were on top of each other. I think I pulled the 3rd. I then ended with 6 100 yard shots on a coyote target. The first 3 were right in the head, but sligtly below the brain. Once I figured out the 100 yard rise, the next 3 were right in the heart. (I used American Eagle on the yote target.)

All in all, I absolutely love the rifle!

PXL_20210605_030452716.jpg

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    A Beauty. A Flash Hider would add to the looks
    Yep. I didn't notice the flash through the scope until the guy spotting for me pointed it out, LoL! It has a nice crown but with that short barrel, it does burn off some gas after the bullet exits the barrel. I'll dig into my AR parts bin and see if there is an A2 hiding out. But the flash isn't too bad. But it is definitely there.

Anyone run a flash hider or muzzle device that works well on these? If not, I may just live with it. My brother bought a used one that came with a brake of some sort. Looks very cool but adds a couple inches to the length. I'll shoot with him one evening this week and see how it does and will report back.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The VG6 GAMMA 556
    i-xWDt7Pt-XL.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Tell me more about this! How does it perform?
    It's really a do-it-all muzzle device. Flash suppression + recoil abatement. It shoots so softly that the rifle barely moves .... on a bag, or a bipod.
    I have the same one on an AR15, and put another one on this Ruger bolt gun, because I knew how it performed. :)

Top Bottom