RSOs view of the world.. Training or the lack of it :)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Great thread! But no updates in a year? I'm sure there were other foolish things seen since July of 2021.
    I have more pics but exited the RSO job last fall because I couldn't deal with the crazy anymore.. I didn't realize this thread had become so popular, who would have thunk it. Pic I received from one of the current RSOs will have you scratching you head.. :shady:Thoughts on what exactly happened, the firearm is now a paperweight.

CaseNbarrelsmall.jpeg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have more pics but exited the RSO job last fall because I couldn't deal with the crazy anymore.. I didn't realize this thread had become so popular, who would have thunk it. Pic I received from one of the current RSOs will have you scratching you head.. :shady:Thoughts on what exactly happened, the firearm is now a paperweight.

View attachment 206008
    I'm not going first on "Whu happened??" Have cause for concerns other than the barrel obstruction.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Do we think that case is .45 ACP, or from another cartridge type? Hand loads?
    Definitely got pushed into the barrel, but I can't imagine a recoil spring having enough force for a properly formed case.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

View attachment 206008
    mouth slowly falls open

Failure to extract followed by OOB detonation that drove the case down the barrel? Or perhaps somebody snuck a .40 into the magazine and it went off, expanded, and somehow went down the barrel?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    mouth slowly falls open

Failure to extract followed by OOB detonation that drove the case down the barrel? Or perhaps somebody snuck a .40 into the magazine and it went off, expanded, and somehow went down the barrel?
    Close as anyone will probably come... 40 in a 45 and somehow fired the round but the case went far enough down the barrel for Einstein to chamber another 40 round. When the second round discharged of course barrel bulged and put the slide partially out of battery permanently. Fortunately no one was injured other than pride, if he has any remaining. Another one of those stories you would never sell without pictures.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Close as anyone will probably come... 40 in a 45 and somehow fired the round but the case went far enough down the barrel for Einstein to chamber another 40 round. When the second round discharged of course barrel bulged and put the slide partially out of battery permanently. Fortunately no one was injured other than pride, if he has any remaining. Another one of those stories you would never sell without pictures.
    I am surprised the second round chambering and firing didn't launch that casing downrange. Yup say goodbye to barrel and slide going full send on a hard barrel obstruction.

winchester4440

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2021
    Evansville, IN
    I know this will be hard for some to believe but two different people have asked in the last two shifts if the lines on the floor are marked at feet or yards?:whistle: I don't understand how anyone could ask this question considering the obvious difference. Draw your own conclusions but this speaks to how clueless some people are.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

LOL! Sounds like something I need to remember never to ask!!

Top Bottom