• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    No I'm not looking for one or have a question but I just wanted to post a big shoutout to INGO's own CHCRANDY. I've been talking to Randy for over a year now in regards to a new roof and finally pulled the trigger last week. He contacted me Tuesday a.m. and asked if we were ok with starting the project this morning. I said sure no problem. I figured a full day and some into the second day but was grossly mistaken; his crew showed up at 6:20 this morning and by 11:00 a.m. they were cleaning up the last traces of refuse. This was a complete tear off and re-shingle of a 2,000 sq ft home involving 50 or 55 squares of shingles (don't remember which). They had to replace one sheet of decking, a J-mold on the gable end and install a piece of flashing that should have been done but forgotten when the house was built.

His boys KICKED ASS! If you call anybody else for your roofing needs you're making a mistake! :patriot: :rockwoot::rockwoot:

This was an unpaid unpolitical endorsement brought to you by me.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Thank you sir. Sometimes my guys even impress me, and today was one of them days. They tore off about 45 squares and installed around 50. Them guys do that everyday and never complain....I am thankful to have them. Glad to see your post and we will talk at you and the wife soon. Thank you again for the kind words and glad to hear you folks are happy. Tomorrow we will get a good water test....

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I had to have my roof replaced because the original developer didn't flash around the chimney correctly and I had 20 years of water leaking down it(half of one side of sheathing gone, other side half was completely soaked). The roof was near the end of life anyway so new roof and repair damage. Close to 11k but I thought that was a fair price for where I live. They had the entire roof stripped by mid morning, new roof on and gone by afternoon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had to have my roof replaced because the original developer didn't flash around the chimney correctly and I had 20 years of water leaking down it(half of one side of sheathing gone, other side half was completely soaked). The roof was near the end of life anyway so new roof and repair damage. Close to 11k but I thought that was a fair price for where I live. They had the entire roof stripped by mid morning, new roof on and gone by afternoon.
    I'm amazed at how quickly they can get things done these days. I helped Dad re-roof our house in the early 70's (I was probably 12 years old at the time) and it took us a few days without tear-off. But then again, we used nail pouches and claw hammers instead of nail guns.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'm amazed at how quickly they can get things done these days. I helped Dad re-roof our house in the early 70's (I was probably 12 years old at the time) and it took us a few days without tear-off. But then again, we used nail pouches and claw hammers instead of nail guns.

Did it leak?

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Kind of proud of myself, in 2019 when I still lived in illannoy the town was hit by a terrible hail storm, think 4" diameter. Trashed pretty much every roof in town. I had a three bedroom house and two two car garages. Re-roofed it all myself and ended up with a nice chunk of change that ended up as a down payment on our new place here in Indiana.
    Don't remember how long it took but it really beat me up especially the tear-off, don't ever plan on doing that again. As far as I know all the roofs are doing just fine. I had experience with this having roofed the house and one garage several years before with no problems. Never used a nail gun for any of the roofs, claw hammer and nail pouch. Jim.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Kind of proud of myself, in 2019 when I still lived in illannoy the town was hit by a terrible hail storm, think 4" diameter. Trashed pretty much every roof in town. I had a three bedroom house and two two car garages. Re-roofed it all myself and ended up with a nice chunk of change that ended up as a down payment on our new place here in Indiana.
    Don't remember how long it took but it really beat me up especially the tear-off, don't ever plan on doing that again. As far as I know all the roofs are doing just fine. I had experience with this having roofed the house and one garage several years before with no problems. Never used a nail gun for any of the roofs, claw hammer and nail pouch. Jim.
    I hear ya! I did a roof once, simple layover. It turned out well and has held up well as far as I know but that was 30+ years and 40 pounds ago.:faint:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Was involved in a couple of low tech roofing jobs as a kid, but never swung a hammer. I was always stuck climbing the ladder because I could haul shingles a square at a time (used to be able to squat over 600 lbs in high school). Fun times

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Something I just thought of about that hail storm, it damaged probably every roof in town. People were going nuts wanting to get their roofs repaired but worried about quality of the work being done. They were especially worried about companies from out of town and out of state. One company from out of state leased a building and advertised themselves as a "local" company. Yep, as soon as the work dried up they packed up and went back to Missouri. Jim.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I learned at the same age in the same era, every nailed hammered by hand. Probably have roofed a half dozen houses and can attest it is hard work. Two roofs for girlfriends and the after work “massages” felt fantastic, better than what I got from the ex-wife in the evenings after roofing our house.

At 50 I paid to have my house roofed. Told them to leave a couple extra squares and I would do the small shed myself. Was sore for a week.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Professional roofers can use hammer and nail fast also. When our church needed roofed two guys and I from the church started one side. A fellow from another local church came over he started the other side by himself other than a person bringing shingles to him. He did that whole side by himself and three if us were 3/4 up the roof on our side. He came over and finished that all we did was feed him shingles. He was extremely fast. He did an excellent job they are still there 15 years later.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Randy and his crew replaced my roof a few years back and I couldn't have been happier with the job they did. His crew started and finished the same day before 4 PM. Best of all he worked with my insurance when other roofers wouldn't even try.

Top Bottom