Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    LOL. In his press conference he said "That's a start." He's gotta win over this party first, most of whom are themselves Big Government supporters.

And if Ron's plan is soft on Big Government, then join me in calling the rest of the candidates active supporters of Big Government.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    LOL. In his press conference he said "That's a start." He's gotta win over this party first, most of whom are themselves Big Government supporters.

And if Ron's plan is soft on Big Government, then join me in calling the rest of the candidates active supporters of Big Government.

I thought Politician was Synonymous for Active Supporters of Big Government... :dunno:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If Ron Paul can just realize how important our military is, I might be able to vote for him. Walk softly and carry a great big stick in today's world will keep us free, like it or not. Abandoning military bases around the world sounds great, just close them down and bring everyone home.

But having these bases keeps the peace in parts of the world that are just waiting to erupt. Bases in Germany are jump off points to keeping the sleeping giant of Russia in it's place, as well as a stepping stone to that pillar of peace, the middle east (purple a given).

Same with bases in the Pacific. Guam helps keep south east Asia as well as China on notice that we mean business.

Sorry, too many times the world has relied (rightly or wrongly) on the USA to keep the peace. Paul's ideas could very be the match that lights the fuse to the true tin foil hat stuff.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    If Ron Paul can just realize how important our military is, I might be able to vote for him. Walk softly and carry a great big stick in today's world will keep us free, like it or not. Abandoning military bases around the world sounds great, just close them down and bring everyone home.

But having these bases keeps the peace in parts of the world that are just waiting to erupt. Bases in Germany are jump off points to keeping the sleeping giant of Russia in it's place, as well as a stepping stone to that pillar of peace, the middle east (purple a given).

Same with bases in the Pacific. Guam helps keep south east Asia as well as China on notice that we mean business.

Sorry, too many times the world has relied (rightly or wrongly) on the USA to keep the peace. Paul's ideas could very be the match that lights the fuse to the true tin foil hat stuff.

Unfortunately, we lack the manpower and money to actually police the globe. Other nations have lined their pockets and built up their militaries while relying on us for protection instead of actually being partners with us (see Israel, the U.N., NATO) which is a net negative for us as a nation. Our military is to protect the U.S., that's it. It's also for our allies, too, but let me know when we get one of those.

Being able to project power is important: a few crucial foreign bases with a few other backups to form a solid backbone for support is fine so long as it is organized purely to serve our best interests. But we are not capable or responsible for preventing war across the globe.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Interesting how so many gov't affiliated members of INGO (lawyers, cops, politicians, chickenhawks) like/want to bash Ron Paul. Is there a job security/boot stomper issue here?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Unfortunately, we lack the manpower and money to actually police the globe. Other nations have lined their pockets and built up their militaries while relying on us for protection instead of actually being partners with us (see Israel, the U.N., NATO) which is a net negative for us as a nation. Our military is to protect the U.S., that's it. It's also for our allies, too, but let me know when we get one of those.

Being able to project power is important: a few crucial foreign bases with a few other backups to form a solid backbone for support is fine so long as it is organized purely to serve our best interests. But we are not capable or responsible for preventing war across the globe.

I agree with you completely! :yesway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Interesting how so many gov't affiliated members of INGO (lawyers, cops, politicians, chickenhawks) like/want to bash Ron Paul. Is there a job security/boot stomper issue here?

I'm not affiliated with the government and am in fact the very antithesis of the government as I fight them every single day.

I posted an article and asked for a discussion instead of attacks upon me.

Paulbots, form of an intelligent discussion!:laugh:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Speaking of keeping us free, which branch of the military were you in?

That has what to do with the conversation? Being a soldier is a profession and duty worthy of honor, but is not a prerequisite for being able to understand and desire that our freedom be protected appropriately.

Top Bottom