• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    OUr local REC put out a warning yesterday saying that they would get a notice from MISO to try to curb their usage and they would start switching off areas for an hour at a time to hopefully get it below the limit. If that isn't enought Miso will start shutting off huge areas of the grid for longer.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Lots of factories in Dubois county probably going to send people home at lunch if this gets started.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Maybe it's partially on the other end and there's less electricity.

I never thought I would see this in America, it reminds me of some of the third world places I worked in the past. Small factories working in buildings that were damaged or burned using a lot of hand labor in place of machines. Scheduling production around power black outs.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I wonder if they had any early this morning. I downloaded the data and compared, from 1am to 6am this morning there was a deficiency. The highest deficiency was 1371MW. This afternoon they are predicting a 1808MW deficiency.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    This will get worse. All it will take is a couple of units being taken offline because of equipment failure. That happens all the time, but it's not usually an issue because another unit could be brought up to replace it. Now that we are getting down to running on the edge it will be noticed, and more units are being retired in the near future.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Over populated areas like California I kinda get it. But why out here I just plain don't understand the issue.
    This will get worse. All it will take is a couple of units being taken offline because of equipment failure. That happens all the time, but it's not usually an issue because another unit could be brought up to replace it. Now that we are getting down to running on the edge it will be noticed, and more units are being retired in the near future.
    Units being retired and not enough new reliable generation has replaced them.
    So JB gave the answer the FMJ’s question but why are we on the edge?

Because the leftists are engaging in a war on energy and the dumbmasses sheeple just buy their BS hook line and sinker. Like the coal plant in Michigan City, the owners just invested millions in emissions scrubbing but it will soon be shut down…

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    So JB gave the answer the FMJ’s question but why are we on the edge?

Because the leftists are engaging in a war on energy and the dumbmasses sheeple just buy their BS hook line and sinker. Like the coal plant in Michigan City, the owners just invested millions in emissions scrubbing but it will soon be shut down…
    M.City will be our only unit to remain online. It will be closed before 2028 though.

I believe the reason is subsidies. Plus they are going from power producers to power purchasers, which removes a layer of liability.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If I'm reading these graphs correctly, the MISO region has a 5MW generating deficiency right now. I'm thinking that means they're buying that capacity from some place else.

1655302383983.png

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If I'm reading these graphs correctly, the MISO region has a 5MW generating deficiency right now. I'm thinking that means they're buying that capacity from some place else.

View attachment 206035
    That’s not unusual, the interconnects are there for a reason. What is unusual is multiple regions suffering a shortage at the same time.

I work in the industry, from what I’ve seen the plans for rolling blackout must be on the transmission level, so substation breakers will be flipped to simply shut down distribution lines.

Problem becomes cold load pickup, the longer you leave a line de energized the more load you can expect to pickup. This is why leaving lines de energized for more than an hour or so becomes problematic.

Top Bottom