• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    20210114_170224.jpg
    My late arrival Christmas gift from my son.
    I field stripped it cleaned it up, and lubed it. Have not shot it yet. I have around 200 light 10mm rds I'll start with because I want the brass that should give it a little break in. I've got a 22lb recoil spring ordered. Want to replace it before going with full power 10mm rds.
    I'll give updates on this firearm as I go. If you have any recommendations for shooting full power 10mm in this let me know.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I've been wanting to customize a 1911 for a while now, and also have been wanting to try 10mm. I've eyed these as an option, but so far have not had the chance to handle one in person. Please let us know how it shoots!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    View attachment 121219 View attachment 121218
    My 1791 Signature Brown BH1 holster came in today I've been working with it. I used wax paper to help with the break-in. Wax paper works good. I also adjusted the over travel on the trigger. Hopefully Monday I can run a few hundred rds through it help break-in the pistol and holster.
    What does the wax paper do for you? I have always rubbed in neatsfoot oil because that was how we broke in baseball gloves as a kid.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    What does the wax paper do for you? I have always rubbed in neatsfoot oil because that was how we broke in baseball gloves as a kid.
    When you are twisting your firearm inside it keeps it from messing with the finish and helps in rotation. After that I leave it in my holster with firearm for about 30 minutes and check again to see if it's too tight, and if it is I repeat the process. I use lanolin on the outside of my holster. I probably should use it inside also but it takes awhile for it to soak in. Right now I'm wanting to break in my firearm after that's done I'll put lanolin inside and out let it set awhile by the wood stove. Seems to help it soak in better.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have no direct experience with these so anything I can offer is based from dealing with the 45 ACP platforms.

The 22lb spring is a start. Changing the firing pin block out for a flat bottom piece over a ramped one will tame the recoil a bit more.

Keep us apprised please.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have no direct experience with these so anything I can offer is based from dealing with the 45 ACP platforms.

The 22lb spring is a start. Changing the firing pin block out for a flat bottom piece over a ramped one will tame the recoil a bit more.

Keep us apprised please.
    Thanks will get that ordered in as well. Will the firing pin block need hand fitted? Would Wilson combat made be the way to go? My 22lb recoil spring is WC. I've seen recommendations for EWG as well.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom