• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    So I work on the North Side of Indy just south of St. Vincent's...... One of the biggest reasons why I moved away from the eastside of Indy is because the high crime rate but it has seemed to over run Marion County..... What is the world coming to when a maintenance man has his apartment broken into while working on someone's air conditioner on a 99 degree day.... Then less than 24 hours later a mentally slow man is robbed at gunpoint while sitting in his living room watching tv who had just moved into said apartment 6 days earlier.... My company has a no carrying weapons policy but damn that right to hell..... I can find another job if need be.... My 6 year old daughter can't find another daddy...... This was more of a rant then questions but please feel free to add your input or concerns......... God help someone that breaks into my apartment.... if I am home they will meet me, my 45 and my little friends named Hornady +P.... if my wife is home they will meet her, her 9mm and their little friends Remtington Golden Sabers......... Anway.......... Thanks for bearing through my rant......

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I'm wondering if the economy ahs anything to do with this? How is the job market in indiana? I live 10 miles outside of DC and i think we have been least hit by the bad economy because of all the government jobs, they been keeping us afloat. It kind of pisses me off the rest of the country has to suffer, yet there would be hell to pay if unemployment reached 10% around here.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Not living too far from you, I understand. Unemployment is bad even though I can't find 3 good employees to hire. It is a very unique time for sure and I hope that this all settles down and nature takes it course on the crappy individuals who make others lives difficult to live.

Best of luck. FWIW-the crime from inside 465 has worked its way out of the loop towards Zionsville, Carmel, Westfield, Castleton, Fishers and Noblesville

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A good friend and her family rent right there near you. Well, until next week. Break-ins, drugs, registered sex offenders (of the kiddie type), etc... made them finally look elsewhere. We lived just north of the hospital for a few years, and never had an issue. Its all about location, as usual.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    So I work on the North Side of Indy just south of St. Vincent's...... One of the biggest reasons why I moved away from the eastside of Indy is because the high crime rate but it has seemed to over run Marion County..... What is the world coming to when a maintenance man has his apartment broken into while working on someone's air conditioner on a 99 degree day.... Then less than 24 hours later a mentally slow man is robbed at gunpoint while sitting in his living room watching tv who had just moved into said apartment 6 days earlier.... My company has a no carrying weapons policy but damn that right to hell..... I can find another job if need be.... My 6 year old daughter can't find another daddy...... This was more of a rant then questions but please feel free to add your input or concerns......... God help someone that breaks into my apartment.... if I am home they will meet me, my 45 and my little friends named Hornady +P.... if my wife is home they will meet her, her 9mm and their little friends Remtington Golden Sabers......... Anway.......... Thanks for bearing through my rant......

I work the fire station that services this area, not good is about all I can say. Its getting worse by the month too. I think its a combination of a lot of things. I wouldn't necessarily blame it on the economy either. All though the economy is a contributing factor. I would probably say a lot of it has to do with the fact that the city of Indianapolis has been re-vitalizing the area's these folks used to live in. So with the fact that the city is doing what it is doing, the latinos are doing what they are doing, and then there are the township schools contributing to the problem. The townships have had to raise their minority numbers to keep there federal funding. So the schools and federal housing agencies get together and make most of the apartment complex's in a given area section 8. This became a huge undertaking a few years ago when busing was overturned. There are some school districts that where offering bus tours to these family to come see how nice there area were and show them the benefits they had to offer (i.e. stated above). Typically, these happened in the area's the school district was busing from i.e. state fair grounds-Franklin twp, North Haughville- Pike and Washington, West/South Haughville- B.D. and so on. Its a problem that's for sure! I moved to Speedway 2 years ago in a fantastic neighborhood (Wow, I regret that)!

Top Bottom