• ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Rob Pincus's new Glock 26L

Why I am NOT going to carry my New Carry Gun… (The 26L) | I.C.E Training Journal

54A189F9-44D7-4BD4-85FF-BFE462B4632F-8098-000012F98A8C0BF7.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Kinda cool actually! I've thought about chopping a Glock...but I want to take a 17/22 and chop the grip to a 19/23 length grip..I sort of favor the longer barrel a bit!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    hmm, interesting. I had always thought about putting the full sized glock top on a compact handle, as I have both the 22 and the 23. Love the grip on the 23, but the 22 shoots ok, but the grip feels off in my hands. Always interesting to see what others have done.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Nothing to see here, another 2 Gen Glock butcher. Sheesh, a G-23 .40 no less, and basicaly a 2 gen glock .40 is the perfect carry gun.:rockwoot::dunno::rockwoot:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    hmm, interesting. I had always thought about putting the full sized glock top on a compact handle, as I have both the 22 and the 23. Love the grip on the 23, but the 22 shoots ok, but the grip feels off in my hands. Always interesting to see what others have done.

FYI, you can't do this. The barrel lugs are different. You can however put a compact slide on a sub-compact lower, I've done it. (23 slide on a 27 frame) I didn't shoot it like that, but couldn't find any reason why it wouldn't work. It cycled fine.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    FYI, you can't do this. The barrel lugs are different. You can however put a compact slide on a sub-compact lower, I've done it. (23 slide on a 27 frame) I didn't shoot it like that, but couldn't find any reason why it wouldn't work. It cycled fine.

I hadnt looked too much into it. I love the 23 handle and really barrel length goes down the leg, so its easier to conceal (unless its the Joker's pistol). Figures that it wouldnt work out though. I had seen some of the full sized grips trimmed and hacked and all that, but really, would rather use stock weapons, just in case something ever happened.

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    I like the concept. I had a custom 1911 done up years ago with an Officer's Model Frame and a Commander top end. It was a great carry gun and that was back when the Colt Officer's Model was the only game in town for a compact 1911.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    i've been wanting to do a glock chop for awhile on my 17. im guessing that would put me in esp idpa?

From what i understand, yes, it would put you in the special category (sorry, dont know the real classification, never shot it), if you do any modification, you get to compete with all the race guns. Never understood why some do all those race modifications, when they would never carry it. If you modify something AND carry it, should be one category, and if you just want to trick it all out, then another. But, i dont run things.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Can't wait for his follow up. Should be good as gravy, but it looks sick as all get out :)

Wouldn't be surprised if the 26L wound up actually marketed.

jumbopanda

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Does anyone know how to create a grip like that? Not some soldering iron stippling but the actual tree bark epoxy texture like in the article. I can never seem to find any info on that sort of thing.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Does anyone know how to create a grip like that? Not some soldering iron stippling but the actual tree bark epoxy texture like in the article. I can never seem to find any info on that sort of thing.

Look for glock grip reduction on youtube, they fill the hole behind the magwell to thin the grip, I'm assuming that they use the same polymer/resin material and then create the texture after it has set.

Top Bottom