RKGuns

chadm

Plinker
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apr 30, 2016
Indy
I don’t know if people are looking at Rural King’s online store, but they are amazing. 100+ pistols in stock. A lot of rifles too. I’ve bought quite a few guns from them over the pandemic. Really smooth transaction.

KokomoDave

Master
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Oct 20, 2008
Kokomo
Don't get in a hurry getting anything from those fargin corksuckers. I bought my VP9 from them on April 22nd and have yet to get the fargin bastage into my local RK.

jstrahl

Plinker
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Oct 22, 2009
Franklin
Don't get in a hurry getting anything from those fargin corksuckers. I bought my VP9 from them on April 22nd and have yet to get the fargin bastage into my local RK.

Have you received a shipping notice yet? I had kind of a similar situation where the tracking number showed it had been delivered to the store, but they never called. I waited a day or so then called the local store and they were rude telling me I had to wait until they called me and wouldn't go check if it had actually arrived. I waited a few more days and then called corporate who put me on hold while they contacted the store. Needless to say it was straightened out pretty quick and I got the gun that afternoon. Moral of the story, call corporate and they should get you straightened out pretty quick.

Also as a side note, I hate the way they do the background checks. You have to enter your info on a computer first, then they do something on their computer, then they print it, finally call it in and then have a manager come do something else. I've purchased 3 guns from them and each time the process was close to an hour before I got out of there. Any other LGS or even chain store and it takes me less than 15 minutes each time. They have a good selection online and what I ordered were hard to find items at the time or an extremely good deal, but if it was something common I'd rather buy it somewhere else.

Last edited:

White Squirrel

Plinker
Site Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 3, 2016
Evansville
Have you received a shipping notice yet? I had kind of a similar situation where the tracking number showed it had been delivered to the store, but they never called. I waited a day or so then called the local store and they were rude telling me I had to wait until they called me and wouldn't go check if it had actually arrived. I waited a few more days and then called corporate who put me on hold while they contacted the store. Needless to say it was straightened out pretty quick and I got the gun that afternoon. Moral of the story, call corporate and they should get you straightened out pretty quick.

Also as a side note, I hate the way they do the background checks. You have to enter your info on a computer first, then they do something on their computer, then they print it, finally call it in and then have a manager come do something else. I've purchased 3 guns from them and each time the process was close to an hour before I got out of there. Any other LGS or even chain store and it takes me less than 15 minutes each time. They have a good selection online and what I ordered were hard to find items at the time or an extremely good deal, but if it was something common I'd rather buy it somewhere else.
I had a similar experience. Basically, the store manager told me that it was probably back in the warehouse, but they were short handed and would let me know when they found it and checked it in.

KokomoDave

Master
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Oct 20, 2008
Kokomo
Yes, they are VERY lockstepped in their process but I am used to it by now. My wife even knows that I'm going to there close to a decade to get a gun so she never voluntarily sits in the Jeep or my grandpop Silverado.

I got notification that it was dropped off today but has yet to be checked in. I wish my cousin still worked there so he could streamline it for me!

dalex

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jul 17, 2021
Greenwood
Purchased a number of guns via RK online. I've learned to be PATIENT while waiting for the gun to be delivered to your local store. Their online tracking is terribly misleading, and I've gotten various answers from the in-store folks. I've had guns arrive in store as quickly as a week or two and have waited up to a few months. Last time I was waiting for a while and FINALLY arrived in store and was P!$$d to discover that very gun was available in the gun case (no reason to have ordered online and wait). SO, might wanna drive to RK before placing the online order!

Brandon

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Jun 28, 2010
SE Indy
Was in RK in shelbyville last night and they had the entire gun barn blocked off. No guns in the displays and not allowed to get in for anything else gun related.

cosermann

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Aug 15, 2008
Haven’t had any issues wth RK, and they’ve been expressly pro 2A as a company (unlike other examples like Dick’s, etc.). Our local store had this sign up last summer.

1626663859416.jpeg

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Feb 15, 2013
IN
Am glad we finally got a RK in Laporte. Remember in college 10yrs ago venturing into a RK down in Vincennes for the first time.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oct 21, 2018
Ripley county
I don’t know if people are looking at Rural King’s online store, but they are amazing. 100+ pistols in stock. A lot of rifles too. I’ve bought quite a few guns from them over the pandemic. Really smooth transaction.
I had a bad experience with them several years ago. They held my gun two weeks before shipping. I got ahold of customer service and was told they do that to all orders even in stock orders. This was pre covid stupid. I told them that I did not like that they said it was company policy. My question is has this been changed or do they still hold the them for two weeks on top of covid crap?

Just looked it up it was January 2018

cosermann

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Aug 15, 2008
I had a bad experience with them several years ago. They held my gun two weeks before shipping. I got ahold of customer service and was told they do that to all orders even in stock orders. This was pre covid stupid. I told them that I did not like that they said it was company policy. My question is has this been changed or do they still hold the them for two weeks on top of covid crap?

I don't know if there's been a "change," but the last thing I ordered shipped the same day and I had it in five.

chadm

Plinker
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apr 30, 2016
Indy

I get my guns from them about 10 days, from order to local delivery.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oct 21, 2018
Ripley county
I get my guns from them about 10 days, from order to local delivery.
Good to know. Maybe they got enough compliments they changed that foolish policy. I'll try them again if they get something I want in that a lgs doesn't have or can't get.

Top Bottom