• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wouldn't have showed up to a protest / riot to protect buildings I didn't own. At 17 I probably would have been playing online video games.... :):

At 17 some of us were on the way to boot camp, to protect buildings we did not own.

boom.gif

:):

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Fun fact: YouTube 100% de-listed that video and that channel. Or at the very least I couldn't find either with a direct search when attempting to link to a friend. A couple of people have re-uploaded it so you can at least search for it and find it, but the original has basically been "un-video'd".

I can't say I'm surprised.

I'm on the kid's side, but I wouldn't have been there either. It's bluntly obvious that Kenosha is fostering the culture they want to have, so I'll let them have it. I happily pay my local taxes for things like police and firefighters. If their corrupt local politicians won't let them do the jobs the people paid them to do, then there's nothing there worth saving.

Now... If our emergency workers were just straight overrun and were requesting volunteers to help them restore order? 10/10, would volunteer.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Only if he was actually in the armed forces, which he clearly wasn't / isn't. Fallacy...nice try though. :dunno:

I highly doubt if this happened to you standing on the sidewalk in front of your home you would come out of an attack like that alive. Be it at a protest or in your front yard don't you believe in self defense? This kid made great choices in those few seconds which you refuse to acknowledge.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Only if he was actually in the armed forces, which he clearly wasn't / isn't. Fallacy...nice try though. :dunno:

Maybe you don't know what a fallacy is. No one is comparing him to someone in the military. The comment was made to illustrate that some 17 year olds are concerned with bigger things than playing video games.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I often hear that people would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6, bur I'm afraid that if folks like ajeany are in the jury box the result would be the same either way.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I highly doubt if this happened to you standing on the sidewalk in front of your home you would come out of an attack like that alive. Be it at a protest or in your front yard don't you believe in self defense? This kid made great choices in those few seconds which you refuse to acknowledge.

Dad,

It's a huge fallacy to compare me being in front of my home to me driving across state lines to defend buildings I have no association with while carrying I rifle I can't technically have.

I 100% do believe in self-defense and will defend my life and my loved ones at all costs. That being said, I do not put myself in stupid situations. I would never show up to a riot to hang out with my gun. That's a seriously bad idea. It isn't his role to police the streets. This would have been 100% different had a group showed up to his front door and tried destroying his home and attacked him at his home. These are in no way, shape, or form similar.

That is the point I'm making. You don't have to agree with it, many on here don't, but you can't say they're the same.

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Cool, he's not in the armed forces though so comparing him to someone enlisting in the service or being drafted is nothing more than a fallacy.

I was comparing him to myself.

Edit:
    Some choose to play video games, some choose to make a difference in the world.

Last edited:

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Correct me if I’m wrong, don’t believe I am, but he, 17, bright a rifle across state limes and was basically there for the “event.”

I’m almost positive that alone screws his defense. That’s before considering he killed someone who “lunged” at him. If he has the weapon illegally he can’t claim self defense from my understanding of the law. He’s also not a police officer. A cop can shoot someone who is trying to take their gun, much harder for a non leo to do so without a legal fight. It’s almost like the scene out of southpark “he’s coming right for us! I don’t think you can legally shoot someone because you have a gun and someone lunges at you.

Im a Leo and reading this made me sick to my stomach, all people have a right to defend themselves regardless of occupation. Also I believe part of the defense is he heard the shot that was near by and thought it was coming from directly behind him.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    From the video I saw, one of the guys that "lunged at him" had a gun and the other hit him with a skateboard. I have no idea where your thresh hold for self defense it, but those two "lunges" meet every one of mine.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Im a Leo and reading this made me sick to my stomach, all people have a right to defend themselves regardless of occupation. Also I believe part of the defense is he heard the shot that was near by and thought it was coming from directly behind him.

Reverse the roles then. If Kyle had shot into the crowd of people were the others justified to pull on him and shoot / kill him? (After he had tripped, was on the ground, and shot the 2 guys)

If everyone has a right to defend themselves.

Also the part about he heard the shot and thought it was the guy chasing him....great. It wasn't. That was called a mistake. I don't think that's a great defense for him as it turns out, it wasn't true and you can't justify shooting someone because you heard a gunshot nearby. If you heard a gunshot, pulled a 180 and shot someone running at you (who didn't have the gun or fired the shot) I think that would be considered a bad shot.

I'm basing all of this on what actually happened.

This isn't based on what was going through Kyle's head. This isn't based on what might have happened. This is based on the videos provided. I do not think that defense of hearing a gunshot will do him any good.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Reverse the roles then. If Kyle had shot into the crowd of people were the others justified to pull on him and shoot / kill him? (After he had tripped, was on the ground, and shot the 2 guys)

Also the part about he heard the shot and thought it was the guy chasing him....great. It wasn't. That was called a mistake. I don't think that's a great defense for him as it turns out, it wasn't true and you can't justify shooting someone because you heard a gunshot nearby. If you heard a gunshot, pulled a 180 and shot someone running at you (who didn't have the gun or fired the shot) I think that would be considered a bad shot.

This isn't based on what was going through Kyle's head. This isn't based on what might have happened. This is based on the videos provided. I do not think that defense of hearing a gunshot will do him any good.

Somebody is confused.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

I think you're omitting the fact that the people shot were the aggressors, people standing in a crowd were not a threat to his well being.

Top Bottom