• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    He did not bring the rifle with him. He got it from a friend close by where this happened.
    Tell you what......get me in a heated situation that has me on full tilt and lunge your butt at me. See what happens. Seriously man you really do not get it.
    He was being shot at, assailed assaulted and shot at some more. Holy mother of god people.

Yes this really twists me up.

I'm speaking from a legal perspective. Also this doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how you feel.\

The charge is for possession of a deadly weapon under the age of 18. If that charge holds he's in trouble. Everything else out the window he can't claim self-defense with a weapon he has illegally. This would be a different story if he was in his home and shot a home invader, but that was not the case. He came here with a purpose, to patrol the streets acting like an enforcer / protector. This was a very bad decision. If you have children you have to agree that this is insane. I would 10000000x never let my teenage child show up to a riot with a firearm.

Once again, it doesn't matter how you feel, it's about the law. Unless he can get out of the possession of a deadly weapon charge he's screwed. Akin to claiming self-defense when you're robbing a store when the owner pulls a gun on you. You were already committing a crime and you can't claim self-defense. Obviously not the same thing but same principle and this will be a major factor the prosecution will highlight.

If I were a betting man I'd venture to guess that he will not get off clean with this. I would say he'll take a guilty plea bargain and he might get a bargain sentence since he's not 18.

I'm stating the facts here not my feelings. We will see how it plays out, but I don't think it looks good for him.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Felt like a little Marty Robbins again....

[video=youtube;_EpCXd4Dpm8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EpCXd4Dpm8[/video]

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I hope the Kenosha Kid has some leather left on the bottom of those boots, because he is going to be walking before too long.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Incorrect, this is called Necessity under Indiana law...

Found this about the Wisconsin law...

Wisconsin law provides the following description of the necessity defense in a Wisconsin criminal case:

939.47. Necessity

Pressure of natural physical forces which causes the actor reasonably to believe that his or her act is the only means of preventing imminent public disaster, or imminent death or great bodily harm to the actor or another and which causes him or her so to act, is a defense to a prosecution for any crime based on that act, except that if the prosecution is for first-degree intentional homicide, the degree of the crime is reduced to 2nd-degree intentional homicide.

Did the prosecutor charge him with first-degree intentional homicide to negate this defense?:dunno:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A mob was chasing him after he extinguished a dumpster fire. That’s some Bond Villain level of premeditation right there

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Correct me if I’m wrong, don’t believe I am, but he, 17, bright a rifle across state limes and was basically there for the “event.”

I’m almost positive that alone screws his defense. That’s before considering he killed someone who “lunged” at him. If he has the weapon illegally he can’t claim self defense from my understanding of the law. He’s also not a police officer. A cop can shoot someone who is trying to take their gun, much harder for a non leo to do so without a legal fight. It’s almost like the scene out of southpark “he’s coming right for us! I don’t think you can legally shoot someone because you have a gun and someone lunges at you.

As others have pointed out, you are absolutely wrong. I won't touch the part about where he got the gun. He claims a friend gave it to him and it never crossed state lines, but that may turn out to be untrue, we'll see. But the idea that one can't defend themselves during the commission of a crime is false.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/crimin...d principle,would normally constitute a crime.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Found this about the Wisconsin law...

Did the prosecutor charge him with first-degree intentional homicide to negate this defense?:dunno:

I was going to mention something about him referencing Indiana law but just left it. We will see how it plays out in court. My opinion is that he will get some charges.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    As others have pointed out, you are absolutely wrong. I won't touch the part about where he got the gun. He claims a friend gave it to him and it never crossed state lines, but that may turn out to be untrue, we'll see. But the idea that one can't defend themselves during the commission of a crime is false.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/crimin...d principle,would normally constitute a crime.

I don't think it will apply based on the video evidence of the person he shot had no weapons. Also laws are different in different states. As I said before, we'll see how it plays out. My opinion is he'll plea something out.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    This video depicts, not only the truth about Kyle Rittenhouse and the events in Kenosha, but displays the complete disregard for human life by the protestor/riotor/looters of 2020!
    Kyle Rittenhouse has every right to defend himself against aggressive and violent attackers as displayed in this video!
    If the protestor/riotor/looter people showed more respect for other people and their property, I might be inclined to even listen to their complaints...but their very behavior precludes that response!

AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    He came here with a purpose, to patrol the streets acting like an enforcer / protector.

How did you determine that? He said nothing like that in the interview shortly before the shooting. He was with his group cleaning up graffiti, giving first aid, and helping put out a fire in a dumpster. He was never ‘patrolling the streets.’

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    From what I have read from some of you. You would have let them kick you in the face, beat you with a skate board, take your firearm off of you and shoot you with it, and allow a guy to run up to you pointing a handgun at you and possibly get shoot by him all this going on within seconds.

I'd love to see how you nay sayers would have reacted in those few seconds. Would you even be alive right now?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    From what I have read from some of you. You would have let them kick you in the face, beat you with a skate board, take your firearm off of you and shoot you with it, and allow a guy to run up to you pointing a handgun at you and possibly get shoot by him all this going on within seconds.

I'd love to see how you nay sayers would have reacted in those few seconds. Would you even be alive right now?

:yesway: For some, I don't think there is any point at which the victim will no longer be blamed.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    :yesway: For some, I don't think there is any point at which the victim will no longer be blamed.

I wonder if the leftists who blame this kid for the entire situation also blame scantily clad, 17 year old, college freshman girls who get drunk and raped at frat parties.:rolleyes:

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis

Wouldn't have showed up to a protest / riot to protect buildings I didn't own. At 17 I probably would have been playing online video games.... :):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Does the prosecution have some sort of bombshell that they’re keeping from us. I keep wondering why this kid is still in the clink.

Top Bottom