• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Looking back on the first time I was intrduced to his show, I was impressed. Not only by Rush but also the impression he had made on the dear friend who shared the show with me. It changed in short order what got played on my radio daily between Noon and 3 pm. The topics covered on Rush's show were the subjects on many wonderful conversations and a few spirited debates. He will be missed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    NPR Facebook page comments are consumed with dark glee at his death. Laughter, slander and curses are the order of the day there.

Why Republicans didn't revoke NPR funding while they could is beyond me.
    It’s the same across most social media, and it disgusts me. I didn’t care for the man, true, but I was raised well enough to know that celebrating the death of anyone reflects more on you, than them. I’m not going to stand in front of the big man (and no CM, I’m not talking about you), and have to explain why I took delight in the death of another.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It’s the same across most social media, and it disgusts me. I didn’t care for the man, true, but I was raised well enough to know that celebrating the death of anyone reflects more on you, than them. I’m not going to stand in front of the big man (and no CM, I’m not talking about you), and have to explain why I took delight in the death of another.
    The problem is that the good folks who see this allow the heathens to continue on and get away with their "recognition."

This stuff spreads like cancer among the weak-minded. It also points out which side of the perspective is composed of the most weak-minded.

:twocents:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You have shown far more respect in here than some on my FB page. Respect to you sir.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Man, another true patriot gone. And to think, I have a family member that says Rush had a "pea brain"!
    So by his own admittance, we know exactly who has :poop: for brains!:ugh:
    Not sure how much more stupidity I can endure in this world!!!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The problem is that the good folks who see this allow the heathens to continue on and get away with their "recognition."

This stuff spreads like cancer among the weak-minded. It also points out which side of the perspective is composed of the most weak-minded.

:twocents:
    We can dispense with that “sides” stuff, both are guilty. It’s not right regardless of who does it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We can dispense with that “sides” stuff, both are guilty. It’s not right regardless of who does it.
    No, I don't think so.

I think the libs tendency is to rejoice in pain and death of conservatives.

Whereas conservative's tendency is to be respectful of pain and death in libs.

There are certainly small exceptions of folks that don't follow that pattern, but they are very small.

Actually, a lot of the problem with the tiny few disrespectful sorts on the right, is that they think the libs terrible behavior is so effective that they must mimick it.

It is not conservative's natural characteristic to be heartless and mean like the libs.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Social media brings out the worst in humanity.

pappyon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    NPR Facebook page comments are consumed with dark glee at his death. Laughter, slander and curses are the order of the day there.

Why Republicans didn't revoke NPR funding while they could is beyond me.
    because there is no difference between the two parties today. We need a 3rd party to wipe out this republican scum and get conservative people who actually care about the country.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, I don't think so.

There are certainly small exceptions of folks that don't follow that pattern, but they are very small.

Actually, a lot of the problem with the tiny few disrespectful sorts on the right, is that they think the libs terrible behavior is so effective that they must mimick it.

It is not conservative's natural characteristic to be heartless and mean like the libs.
    We will just disagree then.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I find it interesting that the one's I've seen take glee in someone else's suffering/death that they hated were the same ones admonishing us for our lack of empathy for those they care about.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No, I don't think so.

We will just disagree then.

What a shock, my friend. What a shock. ;)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Maybe the sides could be defined as weak vs strong minded, or “as of yet uneducated”.
    One of the most common themes from his show was always “just listen”, as opposed to believe what someone said about him, and a great many people were ‘converted’, or at least now aware that they need to form their own opinion, not swallow hook line and sinker what they’re told.

Top Bottom