• El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I hate to hear that. RIP Henry
    Saw him hit a few home runs in Cincinnati when he played the Reds, I was on a little league team many years ago and the coach would take us there to watch some games.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I hate to hear that. RIP Henry
    Saw him hit a few home runs in Cincinnati when he played the Reds, I was on a little league team many years ago and the coach would take us there to watch some games.
    That was back when you could actually afford to go. I looked into going to a Tigers game a couple years ago when I was working up in MI and it was ridiculous. RIP Mr. Aaron, unlike many athletes he was quite successful after he retired too.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Hank Aaron was a true gift to baseball. What a legend to stay with the braves and work in the front office up until his death. Sad sad day.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He had ties to Indianapolis too. He played for the Indianapolis Clowns in like 1951 in the old Negro League as a shortstop. I was never much of a baseball fan, but everybody knew Hank Aaron's name. RIP to a great athlete and a worthy ambassador for the sport!

Clark & Addison

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2019
    Gibson County
    Another sad day for baseball indeed. He played before my time, but have always respected the way he played, even my 9 year old knows who Hand Aaron is. I didn't realize until today that he has played in more MLB All-Star games than anyone else. He played in 25 All-Star games over his 23 year career (also just learned today that from 1959-1962 MLB hosted two All-Star games per year).

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    One of the greatest baseball players we have ever seen...no doubt about it. He got 714 off the Reds, tying the Babe...and hit 715 off the Dodgers, breaking the record. His total was 755 when he hung up his bat. He's the king.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    My dad was a fan. I was too young to see him play but heard nothing but good things about his baseball.
    It was a shame a few years ago when he said the GOP are the KKK

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I saw Hank’s #715 live on TV as a kid (I was maybe 10). I also saw in person Mark McGwire hit one over the fence in Chicago just before he broke Roger Maris’ (*) single season home run record. I was in the left field bleachers that night and that home run ball landed a couple rows below us. We went to batting practice that night hoping to get a McGwire ball. It was NUTS. And even though I saw Hank’s record-breaker on TV and McGwire’s (juiced) heroics in person there was no comparison. Hank wins hands-down. Godspeed Hank, you are the G.O.A.T. Oh, and who was that jerk who played for the Giants?

Last edited:

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Only saw Aaron once in person, but he hit a rocket into the fourth level of Three Rivers Stadium that day.
    RIP to the true Home Run King.

Top Bottom