• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Have there been arrests on this? Where are we at in the investigations?

He's been ID'd on FB. Im sure they'll be kicking in his door any minute.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=304886510757422&set=p.304886510757422&type=3&theater

It certainly will matter when one of these idiots/*******s Garrett Fosters himself.

I actually expect this to happen if these guys keep [STRIKE]pushing the[/STRIKE] overstepping their boundaries like this.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I heard about this on the Tony Katz morning show. It’s an Indy star story.

I have watched the local news for several nights waiting to see if they run with the story. I haven’t seen anything. Has anyone seen any local media share this story?
    AA

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Haven't seen anything on TV. Guess they don't want to show how low it has become in the great city of Indianapolis.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Most of the media does'nt want to report anything to contradict the appearance of the "peaceful protester" facade that they have erected in concert with sympathetic political enablers.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    If we went down there with American flags, chanting “USA USA” and did the same thing we would be on every 6oclock news cast in the nation. I’m sick of it.
    AA

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Okay shifting over to here.
    A couple of things.

1) they do enforce the law, but are being prevented to enforce certain laws during active protests for political reasons. The laws they do enforce are an important function as cities who have defunded police are finding out the hard way. That's the gist of Frank's warning.

2) It's not the fault of rank and file officers or even higher up when they're being prevented from enforcing laws during protests.

Possibly your frustration doesn't have to be at the officers who are also frustrated that they're not allowed to do their jobs. Maybe it's better directed at the city leaders who are responsible for this policy.

As I see it police have 2 options.

1.) Do nothing and allow further politicization of policing and the institution as a whole.

2.) Walk out with the flu in protest for being prevented from serving their oath. Rinse and repeat until this provides some sobriety to the higher ups.

This is an exceptionally dangerous situation to just sit on and accept. Two separate standards of the law are being created, a protected class and a normal class. And the only thing providing you this protected status is your political affiliation.
    To those who are just going with the flow, I have to ask, where do you think this situation will end, and what do you think you'll be forced to do if this is allowed to continue?

Today, you're prevented from doing your job. Tomorrow you won't have a job to do, as your department will be defunded into impotency.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    How much is law and order in America worth?

Is it worth more than doing nothing?

It is probably best to just go along with whatever you are told to do or not do. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Or 3rd option, go out and do there job regardless of stand down order. They can't possibly suspend an entire Dept.
    I posted this question in the other thread, so I will ask hear. What would be the consequences if they decided to do this.
    I understand the perps would probably be out on the streets quickly, but that's out of officers hands.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    At some point, if the law is not equally enforced, it's going to get very sporty.

I know I'll be staying outside of 465 for the foreseeable future for sure.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Worthless local broadcast "news"

The lack of reporting is pitiful.

I wrote the following to Fox 59. Feel free to plagiarize and send off to the talking head of your choice.
    "Greetings,

I would like to know why Fox 59, or any other Indianapolis video broadcast media I am aware of, failed to expose what occurred August 7th in Indianapolis.

Black Lives Matter protesters use guns to stop traffic in Indianapolis – Tony Katz

Black Lives Matter protesters use guns to stop traffic in Indianapolis –...

I don't think that it is too much to ask that news (by the dictionary definition) be communicated on an unbiased basis. Pandering to one side of a political issue while ignoring blatant unlawfulness, and further often recycling the mantra of "Peaceful protest" does nothing for your organization's integrity.

What occurred in the above event was unlawful. If you look closely, you will see the person in the yellow and black shirt has their finger on the trigger; this behavior makes the individual an immediate threat of serious bodily harm or death. Frankly, the occupants of the vehicle which was blocked, unlawfully, would have been justified in using their vehicle or a firearm to stop that threat!

Please do your job and call out and expose these dangerous and unlawful protesters."​

Between the pitiable "reporting" on young Mr. Reed, and the whitewash of the protests, my patience is running thin. If local broadcast media cannot even report on obviously noteworthy local events, then they have lost their last shred of utility. Let them wither away like the Indy Star...

ETA: The sum total of the response from Fox 59 was...
    Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 5.28.38 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Or 3rd option, go out and do there job regardless of stand down order. They can't possibly suspend an entire Dept.
    I posted this question in the other thread, so I will ask hear. What would be the consequences if they decided to do this.
    I understand the perps would probably be out on the streets quickly, but that's out of officers hands.

An entire department can't arrest 1 person.
    And even if they do, the individual won't face prosecution.

Their best bet remains to effectively strike until the system decides police and law and order are more important than political games.
    It also gives them a glimpse into the world they would create if they decided to defund the police.

You get 2 birds with 1 stone.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    (moved here from the MN police thread)

No. That's not "protests". That's a crime. As far as following orders goes, let's say you're the cop. You've been ordered to stay away from the areas where the protests are happening. But you disobey and go anyway. Never mind that your supervisor would probably want to know where you are, and might take steps to get you out of the area if he/she finds out you headed out there. How does that all play out? Go ahead. Play that thing out. What are you going to do? You gonna go rogue? What has your disobedience accomplished? It's not "just following orders". It's also having your workable options limited by circumstances outside of your control.

Now, wait just a minute. If creating the mural (which by definition defaces public property) is protected speech, then why would defacing the mural not also be protected speech?

The state cannot give preferential treatment in this matter.

(Unless you were referring to actual criminal acts by "protesters", such as pointing weapons at cars, as crime. In which case, disregard.)

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    An entire department can't arrest 1 person.
    And even if they do, the individual won't face prosecution.

Their best bet remains to effectively strike until the system decides police and law and order are more important than political games.
    It also gives them a glimpse into the world they would create if they decided to defund the police.

You get 2 birds with 1 stone.

I am not familiar with there contract.
    Our Union has a no strike clause, therefore tying our hands until our contract expires.
    I know an entire Dept. Can't arrest someone, but the entire Dept might be able to ignore the stand down order. Power comes with Solidarity.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    He's been ID'd on FB. Im sure they'll be kicking in his door any minute.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=304886510757422&set=p.304886510757422&type=3&theater

I actually expect this to happen if these guys keep [STRIKE]pushing the[/STRIKE] overstepping their boundaries like this.

For those that don't do Failbook...

failbook1.jpg

failbook2.jpg

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana

failbook1.jpg

failbook2.jpg
    Looks like John Bennett took down this post on his facebook page.. In fact i don't see any of this postings on facebook now. I'm guess it got a little to hot in the kitchen cooking up some reality lol... In fact the Citizens Protests Response Page is gone now.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

failbook1.jpg

failbook2.jpg
    Yeah those punks are gonna shoot somebody for trying to deface a mural. On what legal grounds are you expecting to get away with using lethal force to prevent it?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks like John Bennett took down this post on his facebook page.. In fact i don't see any of this postings on facebook now. I'm guess it got a little to hot in the kitchen cooking up some reality lol... In fact the Citizens Protests Response Page is gone now.
    It's typical of these punks. When the heat gets turned up and they are exposed they fold.

Top Bottom