• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I talk to Turbo at least once per week. Yes, he is still grieving over his father's passing, but he is hanging in there. I don't know if he'll make a return to Ingo or not.
    I have also stayed in contact with him considering him one of two closest friends here on INGO.
    I've spent more facetime with him than any other member except one.
    On more than one occasion we have had lunch together for an exchange of handguns, rifles, scopes or even just some basic gunsmithing.
    I forget when I'm around him that is is younger than my own son & for such a young man, mature beyond his years & a pleasure to be around.
    I have also encouraged him to be engaged again, but he has many life distractions going on.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Ok, I have a question to ask, and I`m going to be REALLY vulnerable here...I was told by a gunsmith that did something for me on my old Remington 552 Speedmaster years ago, that the barrel was really leaded up! He said he got the lead out for me, but I never asked, and still don`t know: what kind of .22 ammo leads up a barrel? All .22`s? And how do I check to see if there`s leading in the barrel, and how do I remove that?
    Some reading

Borescope

Amazon product ASIN B07TTQF24F

Oldschool1911s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    NWI
    The 22lr pistols look great!

Kimber 22lr mags, feeding problems.

I was wondering if anyone has Kimber magazines for a 1911 and if so have you had any feeding problems? I have some and am having feeding issues with them. Anyone already had this problem and figured out the cause?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The 22lr pistols look great!

Kimber 22lr mags, feeding problems.

I was wondering if anyone has Kimber magazines for a 1911 and if so have you had any feeding problems? I have some and am having feeding issues with them. Anyone already had this problem and figured out the cause?
    Have you tried different ammo? 22 LR ammo can have some very different bullet profiles and some handguns just don't like certain bullet profiles.

Oldschool1911s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    NWI
    Have you tried different ammo? 22 LR ammo can have some very different bullet profiles and some handguns just don't like certain bullet profiles.
    I have tried about 5 or 6 different brands of ammo but I have not tried Stingers. I bought a Kimber 1911 22lr conversion slide on put it on a couple of different 1911 frames. Called Kimber and they said to use it on a Kimber LOL They advertise it to work on most 1911's so I put it on a Kimber frame. Some mags would cycle the full mag and some would only do half or a couple of rounds. I kinda think it might be the mags. It's been a while since I used them but if I remember correctly the bullet that wouldn't feed .... always seemed like it was not pointed up enough to smoothly feed to the feed ramp of the barrel. I don't know! But I do know it is frustrating!! I must have bought at least 20 of these mags just so I don't have to spend all my time at the range loading magazines! Thanks for your reply.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have tried about 5 or 6 different brands of ammo but I have not tried Stingers. I bought a Kimber 1911 22lr conversion slide on put it on a couple of different 1911 frames. Called Kimber and they said to use it on a Kimber LOL They advertise it to work on most 1911's so I put it on a Kimber frame. Some mags would cycle the full mag and some would only do half or a couple of rounds. I kinda think it might be the mags. It's been a while since I used them but if I remember correctly the bullet that wouldn't feed .... always seemed like it was not pointed up enough to smoothly feed to the feed ramp of the barrel. I don't know! But I do know it is frustrating!! I must have bought at least 20 of these mags just so I don't have to spend all my time at the range loading magazines! Thanks for your reply.

I have the same conversion kit and it is VERY finicky as to which 1911 frame it will run on.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Shot the CZ 457 for some groups yesterday at 200 yards. Did pretty well with Eley Club.....until some wind gusts stole the show on the last group.

20210619_152447.jpg

A few weeks ago, I had a calm day and easily slapped this 10" plate around at 200 yards with my Tippmann Rifle and CCI SV. The plate makes a nice noise due to it hitting the carriage bolt directly behind it that secures the section of AR500 plate protecting the wood 2x4.

20210609_150658.jpg

M.Cain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Hi, I'm Turbo and I'm a rimfire addict!

I've decided to start this thread as a place where we can discuss all things rimfire. I thought we would enjoy having a place where we discuss/show off any rimfire firearms or discuss other rimfire related items. Come share your rimfires! Whether it be a pistol, revolver or a rifle, it is welcome here.

In the past few years, I've acquired an eclectic collection of 22s. Some are built and some are stock. I've come to enjoy the spectrum of options available. Here are a few of the items from my collection.

The latest craze I've had is building Ruger MkIIIs.

WwiX5Dr.jpg

This 22/45 started the Rugers. It had full Volquartsen internals, a TandemKross Victory trigger and a TandemKross GameChanger Pro compensator. I enjoyed this one for about 6 months before the next Ruger showed up and just under a year before I stripped the upgrades and sold this one. It was a great gun and loved to be to run hard, but I never really warmed up to the polymer frame.

BitM2Hn.jpg

HQDn0YE.jpg

I acquired a limited run S&W 22A that I was able to work as a trade with a fellow INGO member for the above MkIII 6.8" Hunter (first picture). The list of upgrades for this one is VQ internals, Tk Victory trigger & Tk magazine release. My lovely wife quickly adopted this as hers. In my attempt to get it back, I found and built the 4.5" Hunter in the second picture above. Running all of the same upgrades as the large version, they are joys to shoot.

Hblma4h.jpg

I built this one between the two Hunters. This one is a basic Ruger MkIII Target frame, VQ internals, Tk Victory trigger, rosewood grips from Eagle Grips and a VQ LLV. It's my FrankRuger. The FrankenRuger is actually the lightest of the 3, despite being the middle for barrel length. It's handles beautifully and points perfectly with Eagle Grips.

The last one I'll share tonight is my wife's Tactical Solution X-Ring. It's in a Victor Titan Stock with a Hawke Vantage 3-9x40 AO.

WiP2nJ7.jpg

Hopefully, this takes off and we can keep a healthy discussion going.
    i enjoy my Winchester 52 C and D and have a Remington 40X and a 541 THB and a few others.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    new here will try to get some pictures soon.
    Well, everyone here loves pics & you are off to a great start! :thumbsup:
    I think you mentioned having one of a limited run of SW 22A pistols.
    I've had 4 or 5 of them, and still have my prize one, a Talo edition that is a real hummer!
    Traded a member with one of my other guns; I think a Mark 3 that had some magic done to it.
    It shot as good as a more expensive .22 pistol; I know, I've had them, haha!
    6HiVrWr.jpg

With scope on it: what a shooter!
    SW 22A-1 pic wScope.jpg SW 22A-1 pic wScope right side.jpg

Top Bottom