• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I was addicted for a while but have swung back to buying and upgrading my Mil-Surp collection.

22LR pics coming later.

:ingo:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We probably would have kept our Victory if it had come with a lighter barrel from the factory or an aluminum grip, either would have corrected the nose heavy feeling. But side by side with a MkIV we had at the time, the IV balanced better for us.

I love the concept that S&W came up with, hopefully as time progresses we see more aftermarket options come up for them and that S&W doesn’t replace it like they have down repeatedly with their 22 lines.

There are quite a few options for the Victory, just not as many as for the Mark series pistols. I love the VQ carbon fiber barrel. Eliminates that heavy front end issue pretty well.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There are quite a few options for the Victory, just not as many as for the Mark series pistols. I love the VQ carbon fiber barrel. Eliminates that heavy front end issue pretty well.

The Ridge Lite barrel from TacSol is a neat option that I hadn’t seen before.

There are more option and prices seem to have come down since we had ours (or I’ve just found better places to shop at). Very good to see for the platform.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    WiP2nJ7.jpg

Hopefully, this takes off and we can keep a healthy discussion going.

is that matte blue or gloss blue?, I want a matte blue smooth barrel with a x ring receiver to match my smooth barrel matte blue 22/45

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    It is a matte blue barrel from TacSol.

View attachment 75608

tac sol matte blue pac lite on my 22/45 (with volquartsen internals!)

shot it yesterday in our club steel challenge match, took 17th overall out of 53, and 2nd place in rfpo. had a bad stage or two(I was shooting eley force, and had a few jams), or I might have come in first in rfpo, and I have been as high as 7th out of 41, and highest pistol in more than one match! (one stage I won rfpo, and was 7th overall there were only 2 pistols on the top 10 on that stage, and the other was 10th place)

BUT it like to get a tac sol x ring (flat top) in mat blue (barrel and receiver) but only sponsored shooters get flat top x rings, and I don't really want a fluted barrel, i'd rather have a smooth one (but they don't make that:xmad:)

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    View attachment 75608

tac sol matte blue pac lite on my 22/45 (with volquartsen internals!)

shot it yesterday in our club steel challenge match, took 17th overall out of 53, and 2nd place in rfpo. had a bad stage or two(I was shooting eley force, and had a few jams), or I might have come in first in rfpo, and I have been as high as 7th out of 41, and highest pistol in more than one match! (one stage I won rfpo, and was 7th overall there were only 2 pistols on the top 10 on that stage, and the other was 10th place)

BUT it like to get a tac sol x ring (flat top) in mat blue (barrel and receiver) but only sponsored shooters get flat top x rings, and I don't really want a fluted barrel, i'd rather have a smooth one (but they don't make that:xmad:)

It’s interesting that they make smooth barrels for pistols but only fluted for rifles. Unless they are using he flutes as a strength item since it’s just an aluminum tube. Check out the Whistle Pig barrels, they may have something that is close to the right color.

Also interestinf is that your pistol looks to be a different blue. I think TacSol likes to do a lot of non-listed colors.

Good job at the comp though!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Here is my 10/22 build. It has a Green Mountain barrel, BX trigger, Tac-Star stock and a softer buffer. I now wears a Vortex Crossfire II 4x12.

Here is my $80 pawn shop Savage MKII with a rattle can chrome paint job. This thing loves Stingers. It has a cheap 3x9 scope on it.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Have you been happy with the GM barrel?

And that 10” MkII is sweet. A 10” model has been on the list as a some day model.

I'm happy with the GM. I bought it used in the classifieds for something like $80. It makes it a little heavy to shoot off hand but it likes the bench.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Also interestinf is that your pistol looks to be a different blue. I think TacSol likes to do a lot of non-listed colors.

theres a gunshop close to me that is one of the biggest tac sol dealers in the country, and they special order custom colors (from tac sol) red, purple, orange and blue just to name a few.

and he also orders a bunch from volquartsen too, his prices are pretty good (he's cheaper than midway and brownells), and he custom builds ruger 10/22's, mark 3 and 4's and brownings and ships them all across the country (he specializes in rimfire's).

BUT he hates (I mean HATES!) tandemkross (the business owners) and wont sell their products! he used too but not anymore (his shop has 2 sponsored shooters, and says if you use tandem kross products, i'll drop you!),one of the shooters shot my 10/22 (the one in my picture) and asked why mine shoots so much smoother, we compared parts, and the only difference is the bolt, his is stock, and mine is the tandem kross krossfire bolt, so its got to be the bolt that makes mine shoot smoother.

but if you don't want any TK parts, but need tac sol, volquartsen, or factory ruger parts (he sells factory barrel assemblies/parts from guns he upgrades, he sold me a new unfired 10/22 trigger group for 40.00) pm me, and i'll tell you who it is (he's not a site supporter).

in the pic I posted, all the pistol parts came from him, and all the rifle parts came from TK (all but the sight, the trigger housing, and receiver)

Last edited:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    theres a gunshop close to me that is one of the biggest tac sol dealers in the country, and they special order custom colors (from tac sol) red, purple, orange and blue just to name a few.

and he also orders a bunch from volquartsen too, his prices are pretty good (he's cheaper than midway and brownells), and he custom builds ruger 10/22's, mark 3 and 4's and brownings and ships them all across the country (he specializes in rimfire's).

BUT he hates (I mean HATES!) tandemkross (the business owners) and wont sell their products! he used too but not anymore (his shop has 2 sponsored shooters, and says if you use tandem kross products, i'll drop you!),one of the shooters shot my 10/22 (the one in my picture) and asked why mine shoots so much smoother, we compared parts, and the only difference is the bolt, his is stock, and mine is the tandem kross krossfire bolt, so its got to be the bolt that makes mine shoot smoother.

but if you don't want any TK parts, but need tac sol, volquartsen, or factory ruger parts (he sells factory barrel assemblies/parts from guns he upgrades, he sold me a new unfired 10/22 trigger group for 40.00) pm me, and i'll tell you who it is (he's not a site supporter).

in the pic I posted, all the pistol parts came from him, and all the rifle parts came from TK (all but the sight, the trigger housing, and receiver)

I know the shop of which you speak and may be headed that way sooner than my wallet would like.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I know the shop of which you speak and may be headed that way sooner than my wallet would like.

let me know when you go! there's a range like 2 miles away from the shop (red brush rifle range, and I happen to know someone whos a member :):), and if I can get away, we could meet and greet and shoot some .22's! (and I can show off my .22 caliber beasts!)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    A 10/22 to make any Ruger lover cringe. Although I used the standard barrel, I did do a lot of personal updates to the receiver and it's parts. Basically hand fit and polished all parts. Amazing how much smoother the factory parts can become when you are an aircraft mechanic with an attitude. :D

Well almost all parts. I did try to make the trigger better, and succeeded to a get it a little better, but it still has a strange feel like you squeeze the trigger but someone else fires the rifle.

This bull-pup does get a lot of attention at the range!

attachment.php

Top Bottom