Rimfire Madness: The Infection Begins

doddg

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
May 15, 2017
Indianapolis
I talk to Turbo at least once per week. Yes, he is still grieving over his father's passing, but he is hanging in there. I don't know if he'll make a return to Ingo or not.
I have also stayed in contact with him considering him one of two closest friends here on INGO.
I've spent more facetime with him than any other member except one.
On more than one occasion we have had lunch together for an exchange of handguns, rifles, scopes or even just some basic gunsmithing.
I forget when I'm around him that is is younger than my own son & for such a young man, mature beyond his years & a pleasure to be around.
I have also encouraged him to be engaged again, but he has many life distractions going on.

marvin02

Don't Panic
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Jun 20, 2019
Calumet Twp.
Ok, I have a question to ask, and I`m going to be REALLY vulnerable here...I was told by a gunsmith that did something for me on my old Remington 552 Speedmaster years ago, that the barrel was really leaded up! He said he got the lead out for me, but I never asked, and still don`t know: what kind of .22 ammo leads up a barrel? All .22`s? And how do I check to see if there`s leading in the barrel, and how do I remove that?
Some reading

Borescope

Oldschool1911s

Plinker
Site Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 7, 2021
NWI
The 22lr pistols look great!

Kimber 22lr mags, feeding problems.

I was wondering if anyone has Kimber magazines for a 1911 and if so have you had any feeding problems? I have some and am having feeding issues with them. Anyone already had this problem and figured out the cause?

WebSnyper

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Jul 3, 2010
The 22lr pistols look great!

Kimber 22lr mags, feeding problems.

I was wondering if anyone has Kimber magazines for a 1911 and if so have you had any feeding problems? I have some and am having feeding issues with them. Anyone already had this problem and figured out the cause?
Have you tried different ammo? 22 LR ammo can have some very different bullet profiles and some handguns just don't like certain bullet profiles.

Oldschool1911s

Plinker
Site Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 7, 2021
NWI
Have you tried different ammo? 22 LR ammo can have some very different bullet profiles and some handguns just don't like certain bullet profiles.
I have tried about 5 or 6 different brands of ammo but I have not tried Stingers. I bought a Kimber 1911 22lr conversion slide on put it on a couple of different 1911 frames. Called Kimber and they said to use it on a Kimber LOL They advertise it to work on most 1911's so I put it on a Kimber frame. Some mags would cycle the full mag and some would only do half or a couple of rounds. I kinda think it might be the mags. It's been a while since I used them but if I remember correctly the bullet that wouldn't feed .... always seemed like it was not pointed up enough to smoothly feed to the feed ramp of the barrel. I don't know! But I do know it is frustrating!! I must have bought at least 20 of these mags just so I don't have to spend all my time at the range loading magazines! Thanks for your reply.

mcapo

aka Bandit
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Mar 19, 2016
Southern Canada - Southernmost Region
I have tried about 5 or 6 different brands of ammo but I have not tried Stingers. I bought a Kimber 1911 22lr conversion slide on put it on a couple of different 1911 frames. Called Kimber and they said to use it on a Kimber LOL They advertise it to work on most 1911's so I put it on a Kimber frame. Some mags would cycle the full mag and some would only do half or a couple of rounds. I kinda think it might be the mags. It's been a while since I used them but if I remember correctly the bullet that wouldn't feed .... always seemed like it was not pointed up enough to smoothly feed to the feed ramp of the barrel. I don't know! But I do know it is frustrating!! I must have bought at least 20 of these mags just so I don't have to spend all my time at the range loading magazines! Thanks for your reply.

I have the same conversion kit and it is VERY finicky as to which 1911 frame it will run on.

T-DOGG

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 99.6%
235   1   0
Feb 4, 2011
NE Canada
Shot the CZ 457 for some groups yesterday at 200 yards. Did pretty well with Eley Club.....until some wind gusts stole the show on the last group.

20210619_152447.jpg

A few weeks ago, I had a calm day and easily slapped this 10" plate around at 200 yards with my Tippmann Rifle and CCI SV. The plate makes a nice noise due to it hitting the carriage bolt directly behind it that secures the section of AR500 plate protecting the wood 2x4.

20210609_150658.jpg

Top Bottom