• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Time again for our annual Fall Classic event at RCC for those out there who enjoy shooting long range rimfire. Event date is Sept 10-11, start time each day is 10:00 am. We increased this match to 2 days last year to allow for the increased participation. Each day will have a maximum 18 entries and will take about 4.5 hours to run all six squads thru the six stages.

Round count can be as high as 123 based on the KYL stages, but typically closer to 110, plus sighters. Steel targets are based loosely around 2 MOA but the shapes will vary, and targets will be a mix of knock down and swingers. Distances will be 75, 110, 165, & 200 yards. Entry fee is $22.00 and have a cash payout from drawing, cash payout for stage win, awards to top shooters in each skill class and high overall.

At writing, we have 27 shooters signed up toward our 36 max. If you have shot with us before and got away from it, here's a chance to jump back in on a fun event. If you haven't shot with us but you're experienced in this type shooting, you are certainly welcome. All stages have reasonable time limits.

Interested? PM for details or call me.
    Rich

Otter Z

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2022
    Monroe Co
    Time again for our annual Fall Classic event at RCC for those out there who enjoy shooting long range rimfire. Event date is Sept 10-11, start time each day is 10:00 am. We increased this match to 2 days last year to allow for the increased participation. Each day will have a maximum 18 entries and will take about 4.5 hours to run all six squads thru the six stages.

Round count can be as high as 123 based on the KYL stages, but typically closer to 110, plus sighters. Steel targets are based loosely around 2 MOA but the shapes will vary, and targets will be a mix of knock down and swingers. Distances will be 75, 110, 165, & 200 yards. Entry fee is $22.00 and have a cash payout from drawing, cash payout for stage win, awards to top shooters in each skill class and high overall.

At writing, we have 27 shooters signed up toward our 36 max. If you have shot with us before and got away from it, here's a chance to jump back in on a fun event. If you haven't shot with us but you're experienced in this type shooting, you are certainly welcome. All stages have reasonable time limits.

Interested? PM for details or call me.
    Rich
    Is there a separate No Optics division?
    I could not find a link to PM.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    There is not a No Optics division. Our targets are roughly 2 moa, painted white, and on sand backstops on sunny days they are difficult to see without optics. That said, you're welcome to come to any other of our scheduled matches and give it a go.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    We still have a few open slots for both Sat and Sun for this match. If you would like to have a run at this event, give me a call or pm me about openings and equipment requirements, rules, etc. I'll be building squads early in the week.

Rich

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I am very pleased to report that with 3 days to go we are virtually sold out. Saturday has reached a maximum of 18 entries, Sunday has 17 entries although one is a bit iffy (from a junior shooter).

This is going to be a good match !!!! With 35 entries, someone is going to win a KYL stage with a $70 payout !! I'm getting excited !! And one of those entries will win the door prize of another $70!!

Perhaps there will be high value surprise target ???? Stay tuned...

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    We had a good turnout for this specialty match. This match is designed to be difficult with 6 stages and challenge both your technical skills as well as your mental patience. Twelve total segments, 3 of them were a modified “Know Your Limits”, the others were a combination of 5 in a row targets at varying distances, as well as the deceptively difficult “Call the Shot” stage that included a hostage target this year. We brought out an old silhouette shoot-off rack and pressed it into duty with some SMALL targets. Round count was approximately 100. We had 34 entries this year, a new high.
    Highlights
    INGO member Armchair Operator took top honors with a 104x122, followed closely by first time shooter Christina Kuhs with 101, who obviously took High Lady. Other INGO members rcs36 was 3rd with a 98, rala came in 4th with a 97. Our youngest shooter was Gabby Kuhs, age 11, in her first rifle match, and was one of 4 juniors.

Congrats (and thanks!!) to all who fired this annual event.

P.S. Don't know who taught that Kuhs woman to shoot, but he did a helluva job. I'll have to look into that....

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I tried one day to hit a target at 200 yards with my .22. I had a 2' square piece of paper up. I never found a bullet hole. :)::(:xmad:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I tried one day to hit a target at 200 yards with my .22. I had a 2' square piece of paper up. I never found a bullet hole. :)::(:xmad:

What always blows my mind is that if you are zeroed around 100 or 110 yards with your 22 then between 100 and 200 yards bullet will drop around 34 inches on average, pretty cool. And from 200 to 240 it will drop just about another foot.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    What always blows my mind is that if you are zeroed around 100 or 110 yards with your 22 then between 100 and 200 yards bullet will drop around 34 inches on average, pretty cool. And from 200 to 240 it will drop just about another foot.

Which I assume means you need more than a standard cross hair optic to be able to do a holdover?

Otherwise, do you just put the cross hair on a cloud passing by? :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Which I assume means you need more than a standard cross hair optic to be able to do a holdover?

Some guys that shoot these matches use standard cross hair optics, they just dial their elevation adjustments for each distance. Makes it more difficult but it can be done. Personally I like my hashmarks and holdovers.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute

If your scope doesn't have enough elevation travel, you have budget friendly options. Shim your rear scope rings, shim the rear base, switch to rings from Bushnell or Hawke that have adjustable inserts, or get a new scope base with a 20-25 MOA drop. The first two options are DIY projects with pop cans and scissors, the last two are $50-$100.

Top Bottom