• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Greg, I put you on squad 1, Smoke and Hope. They had one open spot. They are a fine group of folks and good friends of mine. Check in is at 9 - 9:45 am. Shooters meeting is at 9:45. Match starts at 10 am. Rimfire guns are shot from the "Low Ready". So no holster needed. Just bagged, and keep your mags separate from your gun. If you have any other questions, I am here for you.
    Even though I'm rimfire can I "store" my pistol in a holster? Would seem to be better to carry it from bay to bay.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    And where the heck is the multi-quote?
    I haven't figured that one out yet either with the new sys.

Take your holster and ask someone. Good people there.
    i think you can do it that way but 22 pistol is always shot from low ready, not from draw. If it's easier for you to carry it around that way take it and see! Wouldn't mind to know myself.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Even though I'm rimfire can I "store" my pistol in a holster? Would seem to be better to carry it from bay to bay.
    As long as the holster adequately fits the gun and covers the trigger. Show up with your gear and the gun in a bag. Walk in to registration and tell them you need some instruction on having a holstered gun.

rcs36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    This time I shooting a Ruger MKII. The first time was a 1911 in .45 with factory loads, iron sights. I have shot since then. I should be much better, lol.

May 29th could work if I like what I experience tomorrow. I do have something planned for that day, but I could switch.
    The Ruger MKII is a much better choice to start this game with. Learn, then move up. I hope you have at least 5 mags.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Scores are up:
    https://practiscore.com/results/html/6693f797-0b67-4453-acec-18ab1401e152

Good job gregkl. For a newbie, your scores look pretty consistant timewise. That's a good thing. Speed will come. Looks like you are basically in the 5.0 range. That will improve.
    How'd it feel?
    I'm happy that I was in single digit times for the most part vs bumping up against the time out,lol.

To think that my wife can drop plate rack at my range at 10 yards in 3.2 seconds has me even more impressed with her. I can't believe no one there today asked me if my husband shoots. :)

I have a lot to learn. I think that overthinking shooting in general is my biggest nemesis.

I know others say to go slow, as you say, but I wonder if I should just go for it and try to train my mind to react to the speed. I have been at the range every week since last fall and I'm still not all that good and if I pick up the pace, I'm bad. Period.

The first stage I had no misses and it is almost the lowest score for me.

And here I go overthinking it again. Thanks for checking in on me!

jpw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Okay I registered. I'm not sure I checked all the right boxes. I checked "U" for unclassified and RFPO which I assume is RimFirePistolOptics. And senior since I'm 61?

Not sure how you squad people up, but whatever you do is fine with me.

Do you do a "new shooters" meeting or anything that I have to show up early for?
    Greg it was nice to meet you and glad you were put on our squad

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Greg it was nice to meet you and glad you were put on our squad
    Thanks Janice if I recall? I'll admit it's kinda hard to really have a great time when you suck so bad, but it was kinda fun and definitely great to around nice folks! I'll try it again hopefully next time.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    Don’t overthink it, but go slow enough that you see a proper sight picture and squeeze slow & smooth enough that it’s still lined up when it breaks. After a while you’ll be surprised how quickly you can do that without having to think about it.

Top Bottom