• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have sold a number of my firearms over the years for different reasons, and then spent years rebuilding my collection. I recently added another First World War rifle that I had been looking for, so I thought I would photograph them together. A number of them have been rebuilt after the war, and a few are pretty much original. Some are readily available, some quite difficult to find. This is nothing close to a comprehensive collection, the variety of arms used in WWI is quite remarkable. I know there are many far better collections out there than this, but it makes be smile.

001.jpg

I thought I should add some close-up photos of the actions as well, from top to bottom. I will have to break this up into several posts due to the limits on photos in one post.

French Mle 1886/93 Lebel
    010.jpg
    011.jpg
    012.jpg

Austrian Model 1895 Mannlicher
    020.jpg
    021.jpg
    022.jpg

French Mle 1907/15 Berthier
    030.jpg
    031.jpg
    032.jpg

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Very nice collection Rob. I have bought a few of your rifles over the years and they are always top notch. I have had to sell a few of mine over the years also.

I think with you it’s the thrill of the hunt and you always manage to find great rifles. That must take a lot of patience these days.

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    A wonderful collection Rob, and not to mention one of those rifles I recognize fondly. You were awesome to do business with years ago my friend I hope you are doing well.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    :+1: AWESOME COLLECTION!!!!! rob63!!!!! I totally agree, if the rifles could talk. Yes, some of your rifles are not pristine, BUT they are BATTLE RIFLES and they are better than any rifle that sat thru the war in cosmoline and a crate.

Top Bottom