• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I need a couple of rifles bedded. I thought of doing it last year and have Issac Frank do them but now he's passed on. I want someone reputable and not just any "gunsmith". I also don't want to ship the rifles off. I'm willing to drive an hr or hr 1/2 to take them. Anyone here know of someone in the area that has a knack for that with precision rifles?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had Gary do machine shop side of gunsmithing and was happy with his work, never bedding. Sometimes it takes a while for him to get to your rifle.

I used to bed my own with the acraglass kits from Brownells. (Don't scrimp with the release agent!) Then I started using H&S precision stocks that have the metal block so that bedding is not needed. 42 inch lbs on a torque driver and zero was back to perfect.

Good luck

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Have you or someone you know personally had a rifle bedded by him?
    I personally have not used Gary. I had a local guy that did my bedding work. Doug passed away a few years ago, but recommended Gary very highly. Gary also does a lot of work for high power competition shooters.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Gary has done some work me years ago. He took my at the time Springer GI double stack 1911 and fitted an extended beavertail safety, cut dovetails in the slide for better sights, and fitted a 3 hole trigger. He did a good job. I've just never heard anyone use him for bedding.

ndbbm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    If you would drive farther Tom Meredith in Ft Wayne is among the best that I'm aware of.

Top Bottom