• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    I can buy this Charter Arms Undercover for 150.00 bucks. Perfect shape and has a trigger job. Very smooth gun. Not sure of the year or model? Make in Shelton CT. Worth 150.00 bucks ???

Attachments

• IMG_0911.jpg
      IMG_0911.jpg
      478.8 KB · Views: 11

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I can buy this Charter Arms Undercover for 150.00 bucks. Perfect shape and has a trigger job. Very smooth gun. Not sure of the year or model? Make in Shelton CT. Worth 150.00 bucks ???
    That's a steal. Even if there is a problem, CA is there to fix it.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    It seems that buyers, especially pandemic era, are looking for smaller CCW semiautomatic firearms. I am guessing that with labor challenges manufacturers are cranking out semi autos as fast as they can. I know I have been looking for a couple of specific Ruger revolvers since last year - haven't seen them in a LGS or even online. I even called Ruger - all they could tell me was that the models are current, distributors dont have them in stock and that they are on a production schedule.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    It seems that buyers, especially pandemic era, are looking for smaller CCW semiautomatic firearms. I am guessing that with labor challenges manufacturers are cranking out semi autos as fast as they can. I know I have been looking for a couple of specific Ruger revolvers since last year - haven't seen them in a LGS or even online. I even called Ruger - all they could tell me was that the models are current, distributors dont have them in stock and that they are on a production schedule.
    I hàd the same problem with my Ruger GP 100 Match Champion in 10mm but I finally found one on Gun Broker at a hefty price but I was able to win it despite the cost.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    If revolvers are a dying breed, put me in overalls and stick a corncob pipe in my mouth. Picked this up very recently, and I'm quite enthralled with it! I've wanted this particular S&W SSR model for ages, and was able to finally find this at Indiana Gun Club in the Fishers area for what I thought was a fair price. I installed the Hi-Viz sight, they come stock with a traditional red ramp front sight. IN Gun Club usually has a nice selection of revolvers to choose from.

Though to be fair, being a fanatic on cleaning after a range trip, revolvers always take more time to detail than a semi-auto. Part of the price you pay for this kind of fun.

1664144817481.png

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I'm getting to the point where I think I may want a nice 3" 686 Plus... I've been a Ruger fan since the late '80's. I've owned 10+ GP100's (in various barrel lengths and sight setups) and have a few S&W J-Frame revolvers...but a 686+ would be a unique toy to have around...???
    I found mine over 4 years ago and it's a fun gun to shoot; very well balanced. The 7th round takes some getting used too after shooting traditional 6-shooters. Haven't got a good IWB holster yet but plan too. I think you'd like it...if you can FIND one. I went into my LGS that one day and saw it in the cabinet; it had just come in on a trade. They said several other people looked at it and were going to bring back cash to pick it up but it was still for sale. I bought it right then and there...wasn't gonna let it get away.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    My favorite gun to shoot is a S&W 625-8 JM that I got to shoot IDPA. Great for IDPA with many clubs being "lost brass" matches or at least rat brass after the match. I never have to pick up brass, just pick up the moon clips and just like magic the brass comes with it. One more thing for IDPA is I will shoot the Indiana State Match this weekend and moon clips are cheap enough I have the whole match worth ready to go.
    Nice shooting gun, 4" barrel and 230 grain bullets make a nice combination and reloading puts the power factor where I want it. Good to carry also, I shoot it better than any other gun I own. For carry I did change the grips to Houge Bantams, JM grips were too long. After shooting with the Houge's I found I like them a lot better. Jim.

mdunn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    I love shooting my Ruger Super Redhawk in 10mm and my Taurus 608 8 shot 357 mag, they let me shoot the hottest loads without beating my hands up, and I don’t have to chase the brass. My everyday carry is a ported 5 shot Taurus snub in 44 Spl loaded with Speer Gold Dots.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    All you revolver shooters here, check out the Wildcat Valley Snubby match on October 9th. Snub-nose revolvers w/ 3" or less barrels. The 686 is too heavy for their stated limit, but the 3" 66 will be fun to shoot. Bring out your snubbies and join the fun. The scoring is set up to favor 5-shot guns in order to offset the advantage of the 6-shot revolvers. All you guys with five or six shot snubbies should bring them out for some practice. They put on great ICORE matches. Check out the link for details:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/wvrpc-snubby-match-october-9th.525698/

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    It seems that buyers, especially pandemic era, are looking for smaller CCW semiautomatic firearms. I am guessing that with labor challenges manufacturers are cranking out semi autos as fast as they can.

Yup... that's the current trend and it doesn't appear to be changing direction any time soon.
    I'm not a big fan of 9mm, but even I've picked up a few and have been practicing with 9mm to get used to it, test it's abilities, find it's weaknesses, and better understanding it's performance parameters so as to be able to be more familiar with it should I ever need to resort to using it.

Last edited:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    i recently called most shops in the Indy/south-central area, they all report carrying little to none & say there is little demand and/or only $$$$ collector-grade that come in lately.
    Check with Acme Sports down at Seymour. Ask for Alex. He can hook you up if anyone can.

Top Bottom