• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    One (1) shot at 21' (7 meters)...here ya go (shot with a standard-pressure, 158 grain, .38 Special)...and witnessed!

BFGcj5o.jpg
    Perhaps the I was perceived as a 1…. Nice shot nonetheless, but looking for groups lol.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Guys, where’s the targets? Let’s see how well you can shoot them!
    Well, I don't usually take time to take photos during range trips. Best I can do is write a picture FWIW.

When I pocket carry, I carry a first generation shield 9mm in a DeSantis pocket holster. I'd say anymore I pocket carry almost 100% of the time in the summer. Winter I sometimes carry a M&P 9mm, or the Walter P99. In a given range trip I'll spend maybe 15-20 minutes practicing with the Shield. My first shot is at 7 yards, and is usually off point of aim (low and left maybe 4-5 inches). From there I usually get more accurate and end up with a fist size group around the point of aim. Not awesome, but it is what it is.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    :ugh:I don't carry in my pocket but I do have what is considered a pocket gun. I didn't see anything requiring pocket carry for the challenge. Maybe a better term would be Sub-sub compact?
    I'll revise. I guess the intent was more "show us your TRUE EDC groups, the gun that's always on you" - small guns are likely and the hardest to shoot well...

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    :thumbsup: Gotchya! Next range time, I'll document my targets with my Kahr K9, smallest I currently have/carry. My apologies... wasn't trying to derail your post at all, just trying to stay to what I thought you wanted for this in regards to "pocket size".
    All good!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'll revise. I guess the intent was more "show us your TRUE EDC groups, the gun that's always on you" - small guns are likely and the hardest to shoot well...
    I have several I carry summer its usually my Shield 45 and cooler months it's my CZ P10F. I've got big hands and I use bigger handguns so it feels right in my hand. My dad has a mouse gun it's a Phoenix HP22 he carries it around the yard for copperheads and varmints and in his pocket with all 50 safeties on lol. I'll get it to make things more mouse gun like.

1627820609641.png

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Going to the range with SherylinAvon later. Must remember to take pics, hopefully one target won't have "that one missed head-shot" on it. I am consistent anyway...

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Okay, so here’s perhaps a better idea. If the video doesn’t play let me know.

“Meh” is what I can say about any speed or performance, but it would likely not be a good day downrange so to speak. Draw to slide lock in real time.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I will play, I don't pocket carry but these are my two smallest guns. Took the ECO out yesterday to the range , I really do still like this pistol and definitely need to shoot it more. Then the video is shooting my J Frame loaded with magnum ammo.

fZnuHHm.jpg

10 yards standing unsupported , 24 rounds total using 230gr Winchester ball

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    1627838252445.jpeg

1627838316334.jpeg

Walther PPS M2, Norma 124 gr FMJ @ 21’ (just sold, new EDC should be here this week - will update when she arrives). #1 was with 8 round mag, #4 with 6 round mag
    Got my Medicare card in the mail yesterday.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Youngster.

Always best to quit when you're ahead. ;)
    It was my first (and luckiest) shot of the day!
    The second shot was against the left outer orange circle!
    Told my buddy I was done for the day...one-n-done!
    Everything else after that was downhill... :(

Last edited:
    Top Bottom