Revere's Riders Pistol 145 Intro to Defensive Pistol - Sept 17, 2022 (Seelyville, IN)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2022-sep-17-seelyville-in/

Overview: Pistol 145 begins with an overview of the range rules, safety procedures and quick reminder of the fundamentals from basic pistol. From there, the course focuses on the mechanics of defensive pistol shooting. Lecture topics include: “Why do we do this?”, the physiological and psychological aspects of dynamic critical incidents for both the “good guy” and the “bad guy”, firearms and ancillary equipment for defensive use among other topics. Range exercises build on each successive evolution ending the day with a simple drill that rehearses the physical and mental issues dealt with during the class.

At the end of the course, you will have learned a simple drill that will help you internalize the basics of defensive pistol craft.

Prerequisites: Suggested—Revere’s Riders Pistol 100 or similar. This is not an introductory course and participants are expected to be capable of the following:
    • handling their firearm in a safe manner
    • keeping shots within a 6″ square from approximately 10 yards
    Estimated Ammunition Required: About 250 rounds/day.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    One month to go until this event. If you are looking for instruction on drawing from the holster, this is the class you are looking for. John Viray (@obijohn) is the instructor and brings decades of experience with him in the military and in competitive shooting.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Yes we will work on an efficient and effective draw stroke, but also the mechanics of defensive pistol craft.
    As ammunition is expensive, we will endeavor to make each round shot mean something. In the end, how much you shoot is up to you, but I can see you taking home some of the 250 rounds recommended.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I can see you taking home some of the 250 rounds recommended.
    Where's the fun in that?!? :ar15:

But seriously, John shares valuable knowledge and experience with his classes. He's also willing to adjust the mental load as necessary to show you where to focus on improving your skill set.

I'm in, ready to expose my weaknesses once more.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Indeed. Not only all of the above; but, you leave this class with a simple, easily repeatable drill that will serve your training needs for years to come!

indychad

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    I can’t recommend this class enough.
    Content and presentation struck a nice balance for newer shooters looking to improve their skills and understanding of defensive pistol craft.
    I was fortunate to be taking a family member who is new to the training experience.
    He learned the essential skills, that he will have to practice to sharpen and maintain, to form a very solid foundation to build on.
    The drills and repetitions were enough to be tiring, mentally and somewhat physically, but not exhausting.
    I will be recommending this class to other novice shooters that I know.
    Come to class with confidence knowing you will not be in a judgmental environment but rather a teaching/learning environment.

Top Bottom