• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Having the ability to walk out my back door, and shoot is a huge plus.
    Sell your city home, and buy one in the country with at least 6 acres, and a hill or area to use as a back stop for your range.

Another nice thing is to reload for all your calibers. You can work on a load go to your range try it, and if it isn't what you want you change something and load 10 more and repeat until you find the right load.

We do not have city water or sewage here. Nothing a 10'W×10'Lx10'D cistern, and a good septic system can't handle.

musketjon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2023
    California
    I can relate to the OP's situation. I retired 3 years ago. I was looking forward to being able to go shooting whenever I wanted. Well, life threw us a curveball last year. My wife got cancer, had the surgery/chemo/radiation and it's all gone, but her insurance is killing us at 1500 bux a month. By the time I pay the rent, utilities, groceries and all the other stuff, I'm lucky if I have 200 bux left for "fun".
    I too, am in the "sell one (or 2) to buy one" boat.
    Any way, the important thing is that momma is ok. The rest will be what it will be. Some day we'll escape Newsome's death grasp and move to the United States. Don't believe in the "Golden State" unless you've got lots of gold.

Jon

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I can relate to the OP's situation. I retired 3 years ago. I was looking forward to being able to go shooting whenever I wanted. Well, life threw us a curveball last year. My wife got cancer, had the surgery/chemo/radiation and it's all gone, but her insurance is killing us at 1500 bux a month. By the time I pay the rent, utilities, groceries and all the other stuff, I'm lucky if I have 200 bux left for "fun".
    I too, am in the "sell one (or 2) to buy one" boat.
    Any way, the important thing is that momma is ok. The rest will be what it will be. Some day we'll escape Newsome's death grasp and move to the United States. Don't believe in the "Golden State" unless you've got lots of gold.

Jon
    I'm so glad to hear that your wife has come through & missed the "bullet." :thumbsup:
    Our medical expenses are our highest expense, running over $1400 per month :spend:, which doesn't cover the separate "supplements" category, so I get it. :wallbash:

We realize that there is limited time to enjoy health & freedom of movement.
    We have a myriad of health issues, as many people in their 70s, and are grateful for every day we have left together.

Top Bottom