10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Generals have political differences like anyone else.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

So did Churchill and Stalin. What's your point?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Still not sure of your point unless it's simply to reflexively defend the leftism because you voted for the ones attempting to implement it. All opinions are not equal. Churchill's opinions didn't kill 10s of millions of his own people. Some ideas are just evil.
    Which leftist ideals that are being attempted to be implemented, do you find to be “evil?”

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside

I don't normally agree with your positions and comments. That said, you comment is correct. As a USMC retiree, I know that there are both sides of the coin out there in the flag officer ranks retired and active duty. While the military community leans to the conservative side, there are any number of officers and enlisted that take a more liberal stance. Just my .02.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't normally agree with your positions and comments. That said, you comment is correct. As a USMC retiree, I know that there are both sides of the coin out there in the flag officer ranks retired and active duty. While the military community leans to the conservative side, there are any number of officers and enlisted that take a more liberal stance. Just my .02.
    What I have observed lately is that the flag officers spend a large portion of their career in DC. Then they go to a Unified Combatant Command Headquarters or to SHAPE, where they are surrounded with others who have spent way too much time in DC.

Something changed. I'm not sure when but something changed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What I have observed lately is that the flag officers spend a large portion of their career in DC. Then they go to a Unified Combatant Command Headquarters or to SHAPE, where they are surrounded with others who have spent way too much time in DC.

Something changed. I'm not sure when but something changed.
    I don’t know if that’s true. Flag officers command posts, bases, divisions, and fleets. Yes, there are some that spend a lot of time in DC, but I don’t think that’s typical for the majority of their careers.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    It's not like my stream of consciousness is composed of wholly random thoughts. The OP was about flag officers opposition to leftism, and for some reason you felt the need to respond. That sounds defensive, of leftism.
    Of course he is defensive of Leftism, since the First amendment would be curtailed, therefore no more mean tweets. Now with the point of this thread, WGAF what "Flag" or "General" officers think no matter which side of the aisle? Most all are absolute turds IMO, even after 22 years in boots. For example, when the Army authorized the "Combat Action Badge" to be awarded, it followed the same standards as the Combat Infantryman's Badge, to which Battalion level officers and higher were not authorized to be awarded, yet there were pogue Colonels and Generals wearing it on their uniforms within 2 years. I left because the officer corp turned into nothing but political ass kissers, and just like the alphabet agencies within the .gov, did nothing but try to justify there jobs and positions. I know the Army lost a lot of good senior NCO's and bright young officers with the crap from officers just like the ones that are in these articles.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Of course he is defensive of Leftism, since the First amendment would be curtailed, therefore no more mean tweets. Now with the point of this thread, WGAF what "Flag" or "General" officers think no matter which side of the aisle? Most all are absolute turds IMO, even after 22 years in boots. For example, when the Army authorized the "Combat Action Badge" to be awarded, it followed the same standards as the Combat Infantryman's Badge, to which Battalion level officers and higher were not authorized to be awarded, yet there were pogue Colonels and Generals wearing it on their uniforms within 2 years. I left because the officer corp turned into nothing but political ass kissers, and just like the alphabet agencies within the .gov, did nothing but try to justify there jobs and positions. I know the Army lost a lot of good senior NCO's and bright young officers with the crap from officers just like the ones that are in these articles.
    I am indeed sorry that your "22 years in boots" left you with such a bad taste in your mouth! Speaking of my "career", I served with some of the finest, honest and professional officers, staff noncommissioned officers and enlisted that walked God's green earth. Were there duds? Of course there were! Every population runs the gamut of bad to good. I believed then, as I believe now, that populations follow the "bell shaped curve" of random distribution. I do think that, again, in my experience, that the curve skews high for the professional officer and staff noncommissioned officer. Do their political leanings bother me? Not so much. I consider myself to be rather conservative in my views, actions and thinking. If our country were as conservative as I wish it could be, I suspect that the imbalance would make it a country that I would not wish it were. What is the old saying? Be careful what you wish for - you might find your wish coming true.

Top Bottom