• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Late to the game as always, but if you’re seriously thinking about redoing it, I’d say run with it! Do you know if it was originally a 20” gun? That might slightly increase value if left original, but as has been said, there were a ton of them made for nearly 60 years.
    I have a book on Trench Guns you could reference and they make repro heat shields if you’d like to go full bore and make a fake trench gun. I’ve got a couple, of the old hump back Steven’s 520’s and am having thoughts of making a fake trench gun out of one of them but the heat shield is more than I have in the shotgun at present!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Late to the game as always, but if you’re seriously thinking about redoing it, I’d say run with it! Do you know if it was originally a 20” gun? That might slightly increase value if left original, but as has been said, there were a ton of them made for nearly 60 years.
    I have a book on Trench Guns you could reference and they make repro heat shields if you’d like to go full bore and make a fake trench gun. I’ve got a couple, of the old hump back Steven’s 520’s and am having thoughts of making a fake trench gun out of one of them but the heat shield is more than I have in the shotgun at present!
    It is original length and belonged to a retired cop. Serial number is pre trench gun. I have decided to go ahead and restore it more as an heirloom than anything else. I sent it to Baron Engraving, They will go through the entire gun and make sure everything is as it should be.
    I have dealt with them in the past on a couple restorations and they are outstanding.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    If it were me I'd refinish. Definitely has some character now though.
    The furniture would still show the dings underneath the new finish, which could be cool.

Just saw how old this post was....looking forward to the pics of the restored one.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Allen,

If you plan to keep that as a shooter, you should bring it to one of the Proteq shoots so I can throw some shells through it. :cool:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen,

If you plan to keep that as a shooter, you should bring it to one of the Proteq shoots so I can throw some shells through it. :cool:
    It is defiantly a shooter, and that sounds like a good idea

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom