Reston Group @ Lebanon, IN -- 2-Day Performance Gun Fighting - Mod 1 -- October 8-9, 2022

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Was not familiar with Reston Group but @jrm gave the outfit a shoutout & has them coming through Lebanon. Signed up for their course in October & thought others might be interested!

Course Page: https://restongrouptraining.com/courses-2dpg1.aspx

Preview:

Participants in this course should have a core understanding of marksmanship fundamentals and strong weapons handling skills. Building on these fundamentals, participants will be instructed in high performance skills and will practice techniques to enable them to successfully perform in firearm engagements.

Days are typically 9-10 hours in length with a short lunch break. Certificates are given upon successful completion of the second day.

Download Reston Group Rifle & Pistol Standards
    Topics covered will include:

Weapon Zeros
    Safety
    Grip
    Stance
    Accuracy
    Speed
    Positions
    Multiple Threats
    Reloads
    Malfunctions
    Shooting on the Move
    Mindset
    Required equipment:

Rifle
    Serviceable Pistol
    3 Rifle Magazines
    Pouches for Rifle Magazines
    3 Pistol Magazines
    Pouches for Pistol Magazines
    550 Rifle Rounds / 500 Pistol Rounds
    Rifle Sling
    Eye and Ear Protections
    Serviceable Holster

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I’ve heard him speak at a conference about his shooting with the shoplifter. This one is definitely near the top of my training list this year.
    Jared is a beast, and could give the Terminator a run for their money, in terms of being hard to kill.

I watched his video "Winning an Armed Encounter with Jared Reston | Edited CCW Version" on YouTube that @jrm sent out, huge eye opener for civilians like myself on the realities of law enforcement. He is an absolute beast, insane he was back to work in 6 months after the incident.

For anyone interested that isn't familiar, Jared got shot 7 times by a .45 caliber Glock, first in his jaw that exited through his neck, returned fire and killed the shooter. In his talks he walks through the takeaways, importance of training for muscle memory (i.e. punch the gun out and pick up front sight, drive on torso), bad guy took multiple rounds as well but kept approaching until he punched his lights out (Jared fired 14 rounds, bad guy fired 12), he also talks through getting shot / how meat / bone / body armor react, the physical recovery & the mental implications. Worth watching multiple times.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom