• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G19G26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    This is the awesome response I received from Sen, Todd Young

Thank you for contacting me regarding the nomination of David Chipman to be Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). I appreciate hearing from you on this nomination.

It is my solemn duty to uphold my constitutional responsibility to carefully review all nominees and their qualifications. As you know, the Director of the ATF leads the agency and its mission to enforce current gun laws, combat the illegal use and storage of explosives, and regulate alcohol and tobacco products.

On April 12, 2021, President Biden sent the nomination of Mr. Chipman to the Senate. On May 26, the Senate Committee on the Judiciary held a hearing on his nomination, and in a June 24 committee vote his nomination failed to advance to the full Senate.

After reviewing Mr. Chipman’s qualifications, expertise, and background as it relates to the mission and policies of the ATF, I am concerned about Mr. Chipman’s previous negative statements about the community of law-abiding gun owners, his prior support for prosecuting law-abiding citizens, and his skeptical attitude towards individual Second Amendment rights. Additionally, as the nominee to lead an agency tasked with enforcing laws and restrictions, I am concerned about Mr. Chipman’s lack of clarity on how he would direct the regulation of certain classes of firearms. Given this, if the nomination should come before the full Senate for consideration, I intend to oppose Mr. Chipman’s nomination to be Director of the ATF.

Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to represent you in the United States Senate.

Sincerely,
    Todd Young
    United States Senator

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I'm glad to see you got a response. The last time I wrote to a politician (no, it wasn't Trump) I never saw a response.

But it may explain the white van that sits on my street most days. :joke:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    This is the awesome response I received from Sen, Todd Young

Thank you for contacting me regarding the nomination of David Chipman to be Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). I appreciate hearing from you on this nomination.

It is my solemn duty to uphold my constitutional responsibility to carefully review all nominees and their qualifications. As you know, the Director of the ATF leads the agency and its mission to enforce current gun laws, combat the illegal use and storage of explosives, and regulate alcohol and tobacco products.

On April 12, 2021, President Biden sent the nomination of Mr. Chipman to the Senate. On May 26, the Senate Committee on the Judiciary held a hearing on his nomination, and in a June 24 committee vote his nomination failed to advance to the full Senate.

After reviewing Mr. Chipman’s qualifications, expertise, and background as it relates to the mission and policies of the ATF, I am concerned about Mr. Chipman’s previous negative statements about the community of law-abiding gun owners, his prior support for prosecuting law-abiding citizens, and his skeptical attitude towards individual Second Amendment rights. Additionally, as the nominee to lead an agency tasked with enforcing laws and restrictions, I am concerned about Mr. Chipman’s lack of clarity on how he would direct the regulation of certain classes of firearms. Given this, if the nomination should come before the full Senate for consideration, I intend to oppose Mr. Chipman’s nomination to be Director of the ATF.

Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to represent you in the United States Senate.

Sincerely,
    Todd Young
    United States Senator

This is a complete different response then I got concerning Chipman. He didn't even acknowledge Chipman in his response to me.
    Glad to see he has actually gave an answer to some.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Me three. At least Young might do one thing right this year.
    We will see since he voted for the 1 trillion plus infrastructure bill and hadn't even seen what was in it, would he do that if it was coming out of his bank account, I find it totally inappropriate to pass a bill and not know what is in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Additionally, as the nominee to lead an agency tasked with enforcing laws and restrictions, I am concerned about Mr. Chipman’s lack of clarity on how he would direct the regulation of certain classes of firearms.
    Let's be honest about what this means so everyone is clear about the senator's position. He isn't concerned about the actual regulation of certain classes of firearms, only about Chipman's "lack of clarity" over how he would go about directing that regulation.

Top Bottom