Residents call for more background checks ??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI

Maybe I missed the part where the residents calling for this actually were quote or appeared in this short Michiana News segment, probably not.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Despite the concerns, Gammge says that most of the gun violence being seen within our area isn't connected to lifetime license holders so while he's open to completing follow up checks moving forward he doesn't believe it should be something required annually.
    Most? I wonder if he can name one lifetime LTCH holder who has committed a gun crime?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Remember it is not "gun violence" it is "people violence" -- Period!!! Guns do not get up and fire themselves. The human excrement that don't value life are the ones the "authorities" need to go after full scale. The police and other law enforcement know who the bad guys are but are hamstrung by idiot politicians and their leftist idealisms. The gangs and the drug dealers are the ones who do not care about any laws and particularly laws regarding firearms. There are documented gangs who do nothing but obtain and sell firearms in an underground economy. Yet law enforcement does not actively go after these low lifes on a regular basis. Start doing street sweeps and see the positive results. I double dog dare the politicians to let this happen. Peace and love!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Mr. Blatt was kind enough to leave his email and phone on his fb page. Tell him what you think.

(574) 360-4039

bblatt11@gmail.com
    Blatt is a lawyer in SB. Not a bad guy. I think he styles himself a 2nd Amendment supporter, but he's certainly no Guy Relford. I don't think Blatt has tried to do any 2A leadership in Indiana such as drafting opr promoting legislation.

I'm not sure, but Blatt MAY even be a member here. I know he has a couple of close friends who are.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Based upon their performance on FB, i would be hesitant to believe anything I read from ABC57.
    Well, yeah. it's a pretty poor excuse for a network affiliate even for a non-major market one. We never watch it in our household, preferring CBS and NBC in that order out of SB. IIRC pre-cable, we could barely pull in their signal OTA.

My biggest recollection of them was preempting, completely, for an hour or more, the INDY 500 because of a thunderstorm warning when most of their viewing area had clear, blue skies. And their constant blather had no new content.

Honestly, I think ABC news nationally is mostly prattle.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Maybe I missed the part where the residents calling for this actually were quote or appeared in this short Michiana News segment, probably not.
    Literally NO ONE in the print of broadcast versions of that story "called for more background checks." Of course, this tells you it was a reporter/editor fabricated way to frame the story.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Bizarre.

So what will spending money on background checks on licensees accomplish?

Notifications of arrests are sent to the Indiana State Police for suspension.

Who is "calling" for this other than an editor in the Media? What will it accomplish? If we do it, it will be paid from the pension of the Indiana State Police.

Top Bottom