Representatives of the 2A community less than stellar?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    That's the issue.

The face of Gun Owners Of America, (hopefully a serious 2A organization) looks like a cheeto fingers gamer, in mom's basement.

I didn't set out to start another hate Wayne thread. There are already plenty of those dupes to add to. :rolleyes:

The idea was constructive criticism to better our 2nd, (3rd, 4th?) largest Second Amendment rights organization.

Call me old or whatever. (I am to a lot of you pups. :oldwise:) When I search for GOA and this kid's immature mug on youtube starts playing I pass on it.

:twocents:
    There's a good chance he IS a Cheeto fingers gamer. Let's encourage him to get out to the range and be real.

I give him a lot of credit for being willing to post a video on-line with a pro-gun viewpoint.

Style changes, publicly acceptable dress changes and formality has certainly gone out the window.

You're old, I'm old, anyone that isn't on the latest social media is irrelevant.

Are you venting because you don't like his message or just his appearance? Are you upset that he is a punk-kid looking, babyface, wet behind the ears upstart in a shabby hoodie?

Less than stellar? By whose standards? I'm not trying to do any flaming here. I just seriously wonder why this kid's sloppy appearance has your Underoos in a knot.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Old feller here…

My introduction to guns was my grandfather taking me along to check his traps, he used to finish the little critters off with a single well-placed shot from his well-worn Colt Woodsman.

The average zoomer’s introduction to guns was mass media...specifically through video games like fortnight or call of duty.

I watched the video (thank you for posting it @bwframe), and I will admit it doesn’t make me want to send money at the GOA, though I have donated to them in the past. I imagine it lands better with the target audience, probably in-line with their intent. The more we do to sculpt the younger generations into responsible gun owners, the better…just my opinion, of course.

As a gun owner who does not fit “the political stereotype”, I can see value in having more than one group represent the interest of gun owners on the national political stage, especially after seeing how vulnerable the NRA is to self-serving actors in leadership roles.

Still…I can see why OP was not moved by the video, and I think he makes a fair point.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Actions speak much louder than words . . . GOA has their hands in every significant 2A law challenge across the country and they're being very successful at it.

Where is the NRA?
    [crickets chirping]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...you don't like his message or just his appearance? Are you upset that he is a punk-kid looking, babyface, wet behind the ears upstart in a shabby hoodie?

Less than stellar? By whose standards? I'm not trying to do any flaming here. I just seriously wonder why this kid's sloppy appearance has your Underoos in a knot.

I didn't get the message. I wrote him off as not serious, due to his appearance. Yet GOA (official logo?) is on his YouTube moniker?

Like my opinion or not, do you think I'm the only one thinking this?

With the fight we are in, can we afford to be losing anyone, due to sloppiness that could easily be fixed?

:dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Where is the NRA?

They'll be right here in Indiana next month. Be a good time to go address this with them, eh?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    They'll be right here in Indiana next month. Be a good time to go address this with them, eh?

If I did, I'd have to pay to get in and that would be feeding their coffers to continue to sit on their hands. No thanks. I'll call or write emails, which doesn't cost money and doesn't feed them for doing NOTHING!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If I did, I'd have to pay to get in and that would be feeding their coffers to continue to sit on their hands. No thanks. I'll call or write emails, which doesn't cost money and doesn't feed them for doing NOTHING!

I was kinda guessing you might not. Go ahead with those e-mails and calls though, if you really will?

Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Glitchy message, too many edits.
    Monotone and fast paced.
    I'm sure it's good information, but all I heard is the lawyer at the end of the commercial, da da da da da da. I couldn't watch it all.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I was kinda guessing you might not. Go ahead with those e-mails and calls though, if you really will?

A very recent request for them to participate in a BATFE "Ghost Gun" rule lawsuit resulted in an immediate reply that only EXTREMELY DANGEROUS FELONS build their own firearm receivers. At that point I wrote them off completely as a worthless POS FUDD organization run by FUDDs. Should be renamed FRA: FUDD Rifle Association as that's all they are. Run by FUDDs looking to enrich themselves with membership dues and doing nothing else but FUDD.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A very recent request for them to participate in a BATFE "Ghost Gun" rule lawsuit resulted in an immediate reply that only EXTREMELY DANGEROUS FELONS build their own firearm receivers. At that point I wrote them off completely as a worthless POS FUDD organization run by FUDDs. Should be renamed FRA: FUDD Rifle Association as that's all they are. Run by FUDDs looking to enrich themselves with membership dues and doing nothing else but FUDD.

Link?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    When people tried to stand up to WLP last time, they were ousted and removed (Cox, North, et.al). The board circled the wagons and he is more protected now than ever. Nothing will change. The problem will solve itself unfortunately. I feel bad for the people who have given so much to the organization, like in wills, endowments...maybe stuff like the training arm has a value that can be spun off?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Got something besides video? You usually have great links to cases and docs?
    Nothing thus far. This is a state case in New York brought by their state Attorney General, filed in 2022, not a federal, and I don't have visibility of the case minutes or docs. There's a follow-on video from the same person. He was in desperate need of representation in the New York state court as he's an LLC and the litigation rules there require legal representation as he is apparently not allowed to do so pro se (i.e. representing himself). Without representation he would suffer an unrepresented, failure to show, default judgement. The effort is to sue manufacturers out of business . . . similar to what occurred with Remington and Remington's bankruptcy. They're demanding his entire customer list including extremely invasive personal data such as SSAN's and complete credit card numbers, without regard to where they live. There's another case brewing in Connecticut, similar to the New York.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom