Representatives of the 2A community less than stellar?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We often get assured that the GOA is our better than NRA 2A representative. Why is this gent the face of the GOA?

I don't mean to pick on anyone, but this fellow is hard to take very seriously?
    In my mind a representative, promoting a VERY IMPORTANT cause should come across much more mature and professional?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We often get assured that the GOA is our better than NRA 2A representative. Why is this gent the face of the GOA?

In my mind a representative, promoting a VERY IMPORTANT cause should come across much more mature and professional?

Never saw that guy at 200 West Washington Street. About as impressive as that dumpy guy from NAGR.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE

I get what you are saying. Not poking fun, but I'm guessing you're older.

I work with a lot of young folks right out of college. They are educated, technical-minded and NOT what you would expect to see working at an aerospace company in 2023.

They are hesitant to speak out (unless it is SJW oriented), resist making eye-contact and seem to have a difficult time speaking in complete sentences, much less create a coherent argument.

This is the future. Appearance doesn't matter unless you have adorned yourself in garish colors to indicate your ideological affiliations.

Casual Friday is every day, it is actually called "Dress for your Day". Even when upper-senior management is on-site or customers are in-house, it is amusing to see the youngsters try to dress up. Nobody has taught them how to coordinate or dress like Perry Mason. A lot of them look like they went shopping at the Goodwill since they don't plan to wear their 'dress-up' clothes very often.

Please cut him some slack, this guy is talking to his generation. You might not take him seriously but he probably has a better chance of connecting with his peers than an old guy in a suit.

1679048833901.png

Trust me, I get it.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    So you folks are sending money to this guy to lobby congress and plead for our Second Amendment in court?
    Goa has been doing much more than the nra from what I understand. as well as recruiting the newer generations as opposed to the young generations seeing how much FUDDery and corruption is in the nra.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Why do people do this.

Stop Dumping on another 2A group. It takes all kinds to fight this fight and we need as many people representing the 2a as possible.

This is as bad as people dumping on the NRA and trying to convince people they are bad and stop supporting them.

WE NEED AS MANY GOOD 2A ADVOCATES AS WE CAN GET. No matter what they are wearing.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Really? Got links to substantiate this?

I’ll look for hard stats when I get time to look. As of now I’m simply stating my opinion as I’ve gathered from anecdotal evidence, and just hearing about cases being pushed. I do know that local nra branches do have a couple lawsuits in place. As far as Wayne, yea, not going to bother trying to convince anyone he isn’t just another politico type.

As far as the younger generations, the nra is not nearly as popular or supported as other organizations that know how to reach a younger audience.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’ll look for hard stats when I get time to look. As of now I’m simply stating my opinion as I’ve gathered from anecdotal evidence, and just hearing about cases being pushed. I do know that local nra branches do have a couple lawsuits in place. As far as Wayne, yea, not going to bother trying to convince anyone he isn’t just another politico type.

As far as the younger generations, the nra is not nearly as popular or supported as other organizations that know how to reach a younger audience.
    Our very own Kelly from the flow of the river (Avon) says that that he does not see anyone but NRA at the statehouse. Please correct if wrong…

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Our very own Kelly from the flow of the river (Avon) says that that he does not see anyone but NRA at the statehouse. Please correct if wrong…
    Then I may very well be wrong, being part of this younger generation, 33y.o I just don’t see the nra’s work. I do see these other organizations all over the place. So like I mentioned above, I’m basing my opinion based of my observations.

Either way, mo lawsuits, mo gooder.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Then I may very well be wrong, being part of this younger generation, 33y.o I just don’t see the nra’s work. I do see these other organizations all over the place. So like I mentioned above, I’m basing my opinion based of my observations.

Mo lawsuits and Mo 2a butts in the seats at the statehouses mo gooder.

I do think GOA and FPC are good at the court stuff and reach a different audience, but the NRA is still out there fighting and doing good.

We need them all.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I have to disagree with that last statement. A lawsuit means infringement has occurred. Controlling things at the statehouse and Congress is to best place to head off infringement. Before the media and corrupt politicians divided gun owners concerning the NRA their scoring of the politicians was something gun grabbing politicians feared.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I have to disagree with that last statement. A lawsuit means infringement has occurred. Controlling things at the statehouse and Congress is to best place to head off infringement. Before the media and corrupt politicians divided gun owners concerning the NRA their scoring of the politicians was something gun grabbing politicians feared.
    Well the obvious is best, no infringement from the get go. So lawsuits are better than civil war. It might be needed someday, a revolution was fought over less, but the idea of killing people is not something to take lightly.

Voting the right people in sounds easy until you realize that somehow the right people never seem to be enough or enough of them.

And now here we are.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Voting the right people in sounds easy until you realize that somehow the right people never seem to be enough or enough of them.
    Why are there not enough of them? I have become more engaged and when I go to political meet and greet/fundraiser events in central Indiana I am the only one bringing up 2A and typically the most conservative one there. Those that believe like most INGO are not there at all.

It is work to recruit and fund serious campaigns, but it can be done.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That is what confuses me, he appears to just be a video podcaster with a sponsorship or something with GOA to me....

That's the issue.

The face of Gun Owners Of America, (hopefully a serious 2A organization) looks like a cheeto fingers gamer, in mom's basement.

I didn't set out to start another hate Wayne thread. There are already plenty of those dupes to add to. :rolleyes:

The idea was constructive criticism to better our 2nd, (3rd, 4th?) largest Second Amendment rights organization.

Call me old or whatever. (I am to a lot of you pups. :oldwise:) When I search for GOA and this kid's immature mug on youtube starts playing I pass on it.

:twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom