• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I have a question. I have a current lifetime permit and am trying to get a hard card. I began to fill out the online form, but came to the part where it asks for the expiration date of the current permit. Since it"s a lifetime permit there is no expiration date. It appears that I must put something in there to continue with the application. Any ideas? Did I do something incorrect?

call ISP @ 317-232-8264
    M-F 8am to 4pm
    get your application number from them.

with that number you can update your address & request a new card for about $20.
    online www.IN.GOV/ISP

I changed my address as required to do.
    and was told don't need new card with updated address on it unless I wanted it. so no fees to change & system has you updated & in compliance.

good luck

Last edited:

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    call ISP @ 317-232-8264
    M-F 8am to 4pm
    get your application number from them.

with that number you can update your address & request a new card for about $20.
    online www.IN.GOV/ISP

I changed my address as required to do.
    and was told don't need new card with updated address on it unless I wanted it. so no fees to change & system has you updated & in compliance.

good luck

I moved to Indy and updated myself in the system and requested a new card (this way I would have 2 cards). With just an address update it took me 6 weeks to receive my new card. When I got my lifetime permit about 2.5 years ago it took less than 3 weeks to get my permit in the mail once I submitted everything.

Drboiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2020
    Evansville
    Hi All. Just moved back home from TN and getting a buddy into shooting sports- hand and long arms. He owns (purchases) a couple guns now. Of course there is interest in getting his larry for protection and easier transport of his handgun. Around 2 decades ago he got an indiana OWI (misdemeanor) and said he did a deferral prosecution that was successful. Charge was dismissed but still shows in Indiana search. He was arrested, fingerprinted, spent night in jail, as I bailed him out next day- he learned his lesson.

For the LTCH application, I told him he would have to answer a question on misdemeanor conviction. Now thatÂ’s when the panic started. We talked ourselves into and out of answer YES and NO. There is technically no conviction when we found his court record but it will show up as the event occurring for the background search. I searched this forum and someone mentioned being forthcoming even if no conviction.

Any thoughts? DonÂ’t want him to get cross with ISP.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Hi All. Just moved back home from TN and getting a buddy into shooting sports- hand and long arms. He owns (purchases) a couple guns now. Of course there is interest in getting his larry for protection and easier transport of his handgun. Around 2 decades ago he got an indiana OWI (misdemeanor) and said he did a deferral prosecution that was successful. Charge was dismissed but still shows in Indiana search. He was arrested, fingerprinted, spent night in jail, as I bailed him out next day- he learned his lesson.

For the LTCH application, I told him he would have to answer a question on misdemeanor conviction. Now thatÂ’s when the panic started. We talked ourselves into and out of answer YES and NO. There is technically no conviction when we found his court record but it will show up as the event occurring for the background search. I searched this forum and someone mentioned being forthcoming even if no conviction.

Any thoughts? DonÂ’t want him to get cross with ISP.

No conviction means no conviction. I'd answer "no" as that's the truth. If anybody has questions, they'll ask him, but I'm thinking 20 years is plenty long enough to not be worried about his moral character.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, the new process certainly isn't improved much by removing the fee. My stepson is applying and the new 3rd step in the process is scheduling an appointment with local law enforcement, which since we live in Marion Kounty, the first available appointment is 5 months from now. WTF is the reason for having to meet with local law enforcement and why can't whatever is needed be done online? What a load of crap.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    WTF is the reason for having to meet with local law enforcement and why can't whatever is needed be done online?
    I believe that local law enforcement checks for orders of protection and anything else that may not have been or is too recent to show up in the check by the State Police. The local law enforcement check isn't that new, I went through it in 2017.

How the local check is handled is up to the local agency, but a physical check of ID would be hard to do online? I guess I am lucky and the process is quick where I live. The fingerprint appt. was the PITA.

blues bondsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2019
    Michigan City
    Sorry if this has been asked but, How does someone with a valid five year permit upgrade to a lifetime ?
    asking for the wife and daughter who both got five year permits last year.
    I've had my lifetime for several years, back when it cost a pretty good chuck of change to get my permission slip.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I believe that local law enforcement checks for orders of protection and anything else that may not have been or is too recent to show up in the check by the State Police. The local law enforcement check isn't that new, I went through it in 2017.

How the local check is handled is up to the local agency, but a physical check of ID would be hard to do online? I guess I am lucky and the process is quick where I live. The fingerprint appt. was the PITA.

I didn't realize that step was added, but I still don't understand it. The ISP application has all the info that's needed, especially when you add the fingerprinting. That verifies who you are without a doubt, so I'm not sure I understand the need for an in person appointment. Do they issue the LTCH at that appointment, or does the local LE just check their box and then the wait begins? That seems like a lot of time added to the process in the Progressive nightmare that is Marion Kounty.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, the new process certainly isn't improved much by removing the fee. My stepson is applying and the new 3rd step in the process is scheduling an appointment with local law enforcement, which since we live in Marion Kounty, the first available appointment is 5 months from now. WTF is the reason for having to meet with local law enforcement and why can't whatever is needed be done online? What a load of crap.
    Which is a good reason to go "Constitutional Carry"

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

That's why I have a problem with this. In 5 months time they should already have the answer, waiting only on the input of the local LE. Maybe this is something to bring up for consideration if ConC doesn't make it, that we shouldn't have to wait 5 months for a local LE appointment. That seems prohibitive to me.

vincess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Indy
    All, I looked thru this post but couldn't find an answer related specifically to this question. In regards to local prints. In Marion Co., they are saying that you have to have an appointment downtown, and that they're booked out until March 2022. My question is this: if one's residence is in Cumberland (which the website says excluding Cumberland you must go downtown to IMPD HQ) where does one go? Thanks!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    All, I looked thru this post but couldn't find an answer related specifically to this question. In regards to local prints. In Marion Co., they are saying that you have to have an appointment downtown, and that they're booked out until March 2022. My question is this: if one's residence is in Cumberland (which the website says excluding Cumberland you must go downtown to IMPD HQ) where does one go? Thanks!
    My guess would be the Cumberland PD.

Top Bottom