• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    You think you have it bad ... I'm a LIFE member and still have to fill out the renewal form each year ... LIFE member ... nothing has changed in my stats for over 30 years ... still have to fill out the renewal form each year whether a reminder is sent or not (which it was not for this year) ... did I mention LIFE member?

By now, you'd think there would be some sort of automated fill in the blank form for people who have LIFE memberships ... hell, for any member renewing year to year.

So it looks like CM and I will be racing down the street to get a copy of the renewal form into the slot on the clubhouse door.
    I just converted to a lifetime membership to avoid the postcard BS.

Has your card ever been locked out due to failing to mail a renewal form?

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I've always managed to get the information turned in ... sometimes, like this year, at the last minute. So, I don't really know if they would turn off my card if I didn't send in the renewal information.

I may complain (since it is an inconvenience), but I don't want to poke the bear that hard to find out.

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I'm under the impression you still have to submit the card each year, even for lifetime.
    Ouch, thanks for the info!

I might have to offer to update the website to avoid the postcard BS every year. I'd be happy to set them up with an online payment processor like stripe. (Im sure most members wouldn't think twice about an extra 3.5% processing fee if it means they can just use electronic auto-renewal)

I can only imagine how much money MCFG loses out on from people who forget to mail in the postcard accidentally, as well as members who might not use the facilities at all but do keep their auto-renewing membership active. Not to mention the administration hassle the board goes through to process however many hundred envelopes.

Last edited:

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    The folks who serve as Club Officers, Board Members, and Event Directors work very hard to keep MCFG a safe, clean, and hospitable place to shoot. Most of them also have full-time jobs and families to tend to.

Yes, there are some goofy rules, but in the end, the rules don't really cause that much consternation. In fact, most of the rules were developed as a result of some bonehead doing something unsafe with their firearm.

If you have any talents that may benefit the Club, please take the time to talk to the Officers and Board Members to see how you can help. I'm certain they will be glad to have your assistance.

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    The folks who serve as Club Officers, Board Members, and Event Directors work very hard to keep MCFG a safe, clean, and hospitable place to shoot. Most of them also have full-time jobs and families to tend to.

Yes, there are some goofy rules, but in the end, the rules don't really cause that much consternation. In fact, most of the rules were developed as a result of some bonehead doing something unsafe with their firearm.

If you have any talents that may benefit the Club, please take the time to talk to the Officers and Board Members to see how you can help. I'm certain they will be glad to have your assistance.
    Thank you so much for this perspective, it is so true and needed to be said.

Email to the board has been sent.

Thanks @TJ Kackowski. If I see you at the range, the next mag is on me. (Given the times, hope you like 22 ;) )

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Lots of pleading via email but in the end just a fee:

Lifetime Memberships are $500 for those 65 and over and $1,000 for 64 and under.
    Thank a for the info. I've wondered why they don't post that option on the website anywhere. Seems like an option they don't want people to exercise. I may have to look into it.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    For those that want to double check status you can do so here: https://indyrange.net/prg/

I just confirmed my card had been received (as opposed to "recieved" which the site showed -- j/k as I do appreciate the confirmation tool)
    Does anyone that has paid this year actually show their payment as "Received" through that link? My check cleared Feb 9 and when I enter my ID it still shows as not received. I haven't had time to go out there yet, but plan to go soon. Hopefully my card will work at the gate.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Does anyone that has paid this year actually show their payment as "Received" through that link? My check cleared Feb 9 and when I enter my ID it still shows as not received. I haven't had time to go out there yet, but plan to go soon. Hopefully my card will work at the gate.
    Mine shows renewed on the page.

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    That time of year again. Mailed my renewal today.
    Thanks for the reminder!

I'll shamelessly rerepost your earlier link as well: https://indyrange.net/prg/

Minor Update: I did reach out to the board regarding website work. They declined the help/autopay as they said membership was full as it is.

Additionally one of the execs who works professionally in IT said they didn't want to maintain a PCI compliant web environment... (I didn't want to get into a disagreement around the architectural differences between a modern payment processors like stripe whose form contents are embedded iframes and have no PCI requirements on the host's website...)

Anyways, sounds like they are happy with their current process and I can't argue with how quickly they process the postcards being an all volunteer group. Its a great range, and as a new lifetime member, I certainly do not want to upset the balance.

I do wish I had more time to get more involved in such things as running a match, but chasing toddlers around occupies my time these days.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks for the reminder!

I'll shamelessly rerepost your earlier link as well: https://indyrange.net/prg/

Minor Update: I did reach out to the board regarding website work. They declined the help/autopay as they said membership was full as it is.

Additionally one of the execs who works professionally in IT said they didn't want to maintain a PCI compliant web environment... (I didn't want to get into a disagreement around the architectural differences between a modern payment processors like stripe whose form contents are embedded iframes and have no PCI requirements on the host's website...)

Anyways, sounds like they are happy with their current process and I can't argue with how quickly they process the postcards being an all volunteer group. Its a great range, and as a new lifetime member, I certainly do not want to upset the balance.

I do wish I had more time to get more involved in such things as running a match, but chasing toddlers around occupies my time these days.
    Appreciate you reaching out to them. I agree with your comments on the PCI side, etc. My wife has a small business and takes payments via quickbooks, etc without anything on her side really, that's all handled on the processor side (though she also manages her invoices, etc with quick books online).

Sounds like they don't want to go that route, and I guess I can see that if they have more manual help handling the renewal process than they do ability to setup payments online. There are some costs associated with card processing, but they could of course pass that along like everyone else does.

My check has cleared. Now to wait and see if it shows up on the next cycle of received they process (I think by second Monday of Feb at this point) on the web page they publish.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Mailed my renewal in January. Hopefully it will process on/by the 2nd Monday of the month as mentioned here on the webpage:

2nd Monday of February should be the 13th, so still a few more days.
    Just hoping it didn't get lost in the mail as the check has not cleared yet and the member renewal page hasn't updated me to renewal received as yet.

Really wish there was another method of payment. I may have to use Bill pay from my bank to actually pay it and have it send a check, at some point when I don't have any checks around anymore.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah, I agree an online payment option would be super and I would imagine would lead to the renewals being paid quicker. As it is, I'll need to remember to either mail my payment, or run it out and drop it in the door slot when I'm at the range next.

Top Bottom