Renewal

BigRed

Master
Site Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 29, 2017
1,000 yards out
I keep a rolling reminder on my calender.... renewal is submitted every December with or without a card..... US mail is NOT reliable.

rebase

Plinker
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Feb 25, 2019
Indianapolis
You think you have it bad ... I'm a LIFE member and still have to fill out the renewal form each year ... LIFE member ... nothing has changed in my stats for over 30 years ... still have to fill out the renewal form each year whether a reminder is sent or not (which it was not for this year) ... did I mention LIFE member?

By now, you'd think there would be some sort of automated fill in the blank form for people who have LIFE memberships ... hell, for any member renewing year to year.

So it looks like CM and I will be racing down the street to get a copy of the renewal form into the slot on the clubhouse door.
I just converted to a lifetime membership to avoid the postcard BS.

Has your card ever been locked out due to failing to mail a renewal form?

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Jun 8, 2012
Hendricks County
I've always managed to get the information turned in ... sometimes, like this year, at the last minute. So, I don't really know if they would turn off my card if I didn't send in the renewal information.

I may complain (since it is an inconvenience), but I don't want to poke the bear that hard to find out.

rebase

Plinker
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Feb 25, 2019
Indianapolis
Yeah, I'm under the impression you still have to submit the card each year, even for lifetime.
Ouch, thanks for the info!

I might have to offer to update the website to avoid the postcard BS every year. I'd be happy to set them up with an online payment processor like stripe. (Im sure most members wouldn't think twice about an extra 3.5% processing fee if it means they can just use electronic auto-renewal)

I can only imagine how much money MCFG loses out on from people who forget to mail in the postcard accidentally, as well as members who might not use the facilities at all but do keep their auto-renewing membership active. Not to mention the administration hassle the board goes through to process however many hundred envelopes.

Last edited:

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Jun 8, 2012
Hendricks County
The folks who serve as Club Officers, Board Members, and Event Directors work very hard to keep MCFG a safe, clean, and hospitable place to shoot. Most of them also have full-time jobs and families to tend to.

Yes, there are some goofy rules, but in the end, the rules don't really cause that much consternation. In fact, most of the rules were developed as a result of some bonehead doing something unsafe with their firearm.

If you have any talents that may benefit the Club, please take the time to talk to the Officers and Board Members to see how you can help. I'm certain they will be glad to have your assistance.

rebase

Plinker
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Feb 25, 2019
Indianapolis
The folks who serve as Club Officers, Board Members, and Event Directors work very hard to keep MCFG a safe, clean, and hospitable place to shoot. Most of them also have full-time jobs and families to tend to.

Yes, there are some goofy rules, but in the end, the rules don't really cause that much consternation. In fact, most of the rules were developed as a result of some bonehead doing something unsafe with their firearm.

If you have any talents that may benefit the Club, please take the time to talk to the Officers and Board Members to see how you can help. I'm certain they will be glad to have your assistance.
Thank you so much for this perspective, it is so true and needed to be said.

Email to the board has been sent.

Thanks @TJ Kackowski. If I see you at the range, the next mag is on me. (Given the times, hope you like 22 ;) )

WebSnyper

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Jul 3, 2010
Lots of pleading via email but in the end just a fee:

Lifetime Memberships are $500 for those 65 and over and $1,000 for 64 and under.
Thank a for the info. I've wondered why they don't post that option on the website anywhere. Seems like an option they don't want people to exercise. I may have to look into it.

Top Bottom