• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Ya might look at the buildings as they have new roofs on them. Im sure that was rather expensive.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ya might look at the buildings as they have new roofs on them. Im sure that was rather expensive.

Believe me I/we have seen all the great improvements to the facility. Love it.

My beef was that much of an increase out of the blue with no heads up. This Sub-Forum is dedicated to that facility. It is a great place to share info and keep at least the many many Ingo members that use it up to speed. We all stepped up and dropped check in the box.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Probably would be good to take the time to come to meeting first Tuesday of the month to stay up to speed. This should resolve your beef problems in the future.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Probably would be good to take the time to come to meeting first Tuesday of the month to stay up to speed. This should resolve your beef problems in the future.

Well well. Instead of electronically informing the masses which might take 5 minutes tops you want me to take an evening I do not have the time to spare to stay up to speed.
    OK I see now. Maybe what some have been feeling is actually true.

Interesting.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep, was just out there yesterday. Facility is great as always and still improving. That said, the board has to realize that most members won't actually attend a meeting. Whether that is good, bad or indifferent, it is reality. The board can use electronic communication to drive interest if there are topics they think will drive people to attend a meeting if informed, they can also use low attendance to their advantage of course when they don't want to attract attention to something.

In any case, as CM states, it's not a huge deal, but it just has to be understood that a large portion of membership is not going to attend the monthly meeting, unless there is a specific reason to.

And no, I don't want there to be a requirement to do so, so don't get me wrong.

There is a place for great, active board members, also a place for actively engaged & involved standard members, and a place for dues paid members who may not be that active but utilize their membership benefits.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm with churchmouse, how hard is it to take a minute or two to create a thread in this subforum to communicate to members? What I would really love to see is for the meeting minutes to be posted here. That way all relevant information is passed on to those unable or unwilling to attend the meeting. Seems like a pretty simple solution. Heck, topics for upcoming meetings could even be posted ahead of time to give people a reason to attend the meetings... :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm with churchmouse, how hard is it to take a minute or two to create a thread in this subforum to communicate to members? What I would really love to see is for the meeting minutes to be posted here. That way all relevant information is passed on to those unable or unwilling to attend the meeting. Seems like a pretty simple solution. Heck, topics for upcoming meetings could even be posted ahead of time to give people a reason to attend the meetings... :dunno:

Meh. They could care if we come. The response above is typical when ever I have interactions with them. I was very tempted to attend Tuesdays meeting if for no other reason than to meet the guy that responded and just know who he is. But as I mentioned. Life.
    Have met some great folks out there. Hope to meet more.

This is the info age. So easy to share.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    It is a nice range. Did a few Friday night steel shoots as a non member. Fun times.
    The range I joined actually lowers the annual fee if you stay on as a member.
    My first year was 125 then this year it was 105.
    Hand guns, long guns, and a nice sporting clays course.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Meh. They could care if we come. The response above is typical when ever I have interactions with them. I was very tempted to attend Tuesdays meeting if for no other reason than to meet the guy that responded and just know who he is. But as I mentioned. Life.
    Have met some great folks out there. Hope to meet more.

This is the info age. So easy to share.

Agreed. But to do that, there would have to be an actual want to increase attendance in the meetings.

For their purposes, it is probably easier on one hand to have low attendance of meetings and make decisions with a small group, on the other hand if a more involved membership body is what they want, driving that electronically would be the way to go (which I'll admit would come with both benefits and potential pitfalls -- I'm sure there would be more noise to good signal ratio, but it would bring more interested parties).

I don't want to come across too negative, as it is really a nice facility and have been really good improvements over the years I have been a member, and I really enjoy the time I do spend out there. I just also don't like the message of "show up to a meeting, but we're not going to give you any info otherwise", especially as CM stated in this era of easy electronic communication.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I am not a member. I don't plan on becoming a member. I have shot FNS and gone as a guest with a member multiple times. I'm just following this thread for the entertainment. :popcorn:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I guess this is the place… My renewal postcard says renewal must be received no later than April 4, 2020, yet the website says April 30, 2020… Which is it?

2893DD11-E610-4B93-86F0-F2A8C0E14753.jpeg B7804D88-1076-436F-82A7-C337D4ABBF37.jpg

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I guess this is the place… My renewal postcard says renewal must be received no later than April 4, 2020, yet the website says April 30, 2020… Which is it?

View attachment 85580 View attachment 85581

https://indyrange.net/news/

It was extended to end of April due to current situation.

In response to county and city mandated containment efforts in parts of Indiana for COVID-19 all Events for March and April are cancelled. This action doesn’t affect the use of the Range by members.
    Key day, normally the First Saturday in April, is cancelled, please mail your membership renewals. In light of current events the renewal deadline is extended to the end of April 2020.
    The Board will reevaluate the situation in April to determine if MCFG will return to normal operations. We ask for your understanding during this time.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County

I noticed that also. I lost my postcard. Been looking for it for months. Realized that I needed to update my address, so I needed to send the renewal form. Saw the extended date when I downloaded the form.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Man, had lost the card, then forgot about it, now have remembered and down to the last minute. Out of stamps. Can we just drop the renewal form in the slot at the range? Might just run out this afternoon and drop it off if so.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Poop.....After all my moaning and groaning I can not find my card either unless I already dropped it off. This getting old thing (:oldwise:) sucks.

Guess I will drop a check out there this week.....:):

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I was a member for several years and really enjoyed going out there during the week and shooting in solitude. I mostly shot 22 rifles but did use the pits for handguns occasionally. I was in the pits one day shooting and was approached by two “Range Officers”(?) who said they’d been watching me on camera for 30 minutes and that I had violated “several rules” and said I had to leave. When asked what rules I’d violated they wouldn’t tell me and asked if I’d ever read the rules. I didn’t really argue and just started packing up. There was nobody else anywhere on the range and I probably did break some rules, but if I was and they were watching me break said rules for 30 minutes why didn’t they come out sooner and try to remedy the situation then? If I had done wrong I’d have admitted to it and tried to change the behavior. I’ve handled numerous weapons for over 40 years and have always tried to act safely and have never had an accident or mishap. Anyway the guy took my card as I left and afterwards I tried to contact the club by email a couple times but never got a response so I just figured that was that. I miss the range and being able to shoot there but I still don’t think what I did or didn’t do warranted the taking of my card. I’ve wanted to go back but not sure if I should try again or not. ‍♂️

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was a member for several years and really enjoyed going out there during the week and shooting in solitude. I mostly shot 22 rifles but did use the pits for handguns occasionally. I was in the pits one day shooting and was approached by two “Range Officers”(?) who said they’d been watching me on camera for 30 minutes and that I had violated “several rules” and said I had to leave. When asked what rules I’d violated they wouldn’t tell me and asked if I’d ever read the rules. I didn’t really argue and just started packing up. There was nobody else anywhere on the range and I probably did break some rules, but if I was and they were watching me break said rules for 30 minutes why didn’t they come out sooner and try to remedy the situation then? If I had done wrong I’d have admitted to it and tried to change the behavior. I’ve handled numerous weapons for over 40 years and have always tried to act safely and have never had an accident or mishap. Anyway the guy took my card as I left and afterwards I tried to contact the club by email a couple times but never got a response so I just figured that was that. I miss the range and being able to shoot there but I still don’t think what I did or didn’t do warranted the taking of my card. I’ve wanted to go back but not sure if I should try again or not. ‍♂️
    Ha, what were you doing combat rolls or twirling your sixguns?

Top Bottom