• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Any insight on how things are going with Remington? I'm looking for 597 mags and everything I've seen is noted as Sold Out/Discontinued. Wondering if the problems with the company are going to lead to failure to support legacy models.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Any insight on how things are going with Remington? I'm looking for 597 mags and everything I've seen is noted as Sold Out/Discontinued. Wondering if the problems with the company are going to lead to failure to support legacy models.
    Who knows what's going on right now, all I see is the ammunition and accessories on the website, no guns.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Go to shotgunworld.com, scroll to Remington Shotguns, look for the lastest comments on Remington closure. In particular, post by Randy Wakeman are very informative.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well, yes, we know what is going on. Roundhill Group bought REMArms, but the Money, Italia, is driving a wedge into UMWA (Mine Workers Union, the union that runs the Remington gun factory) and cancel contracts while the new FFL awaits approval by ATFE. Italia is trying to shrink the vig that an ancient company like REMArms is carrying around. Kill the Union and get the heck out of New York, maybe consolidate in TN where the pistol barrels are made.

See if this helps:

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008

Hey..... go to ar15.com and check it the equipment exchange in the strictly rimfire forum. I just checked right now and one guy has 7 for sale....... :)

@indysims

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    I’m hoping someone will bring back the 11-87s and 870s, it Would be a shame if these were never made again.
    Well, if they were made like the last run of 870’s, I’d prefer they stay dead. If someone bought the rights and did some quality work, then heck yes bring it back. Quality at Remington since the mid 2000’s started slipping. That’s what happens when your upper management has no idea what your core customer wants.

Top Bottom