• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I think the good 'ole days are gone..... This Biden is going to be the greatest ruiner of the free world with one of the expenses being the American gun owner. He'll screw up farming, small business owners, China will be our go to for manufacturing..... Let's hope in 2 years we can at least put a leash on the stupidity with control of the House or Senate.
    Or brace yourself......Rural King in Fort Wayne had .223 tracer rounds for

$48.99 for 20 rounds!!!!!
    People said the same thing after 2012/13 and yet prices fell.

In fact, other than domestic demand sky rocketing, there was an issue with ammo demand globally going up with all the conflicts in the Middle East and other places.

With the US getting out of Afghanistan (supposedly), American military demand should go way down, if nothing else. Now, the Biden administration can screw us over by blocking ammo imports, which would screw with the supply, but if they don't, then in a couple years, supply will have caught up and we'll be back where we were.

I don't get all the doom and gloom about ammo pricing. It's the same as gasoline and anything else. Spikes in demand and shortages in supply temporarily increase prices, but sooner or later the market evens out.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't get all the doom and gloom about ammo pricing. It's the same as gasoline and anything else. Spikes in demand and shortages in supply temporarily increase prices, but sooner or later the market evens out.
    Then you are not seeing how the left is intent on "changing" this country. I know what happened in the past but at some point we will reach the tipping point. Many are concerned we may have. The judicial system is failing as we watch being intimidated by domestic terrorists into deciding nothing. It is not a pretty picture, but I'm sure it will just be fine and you will again get 15 cent 9mm. Not...

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Then you are not seeing how the left is intent on "changing" this country. I know what happened in the past but at some point we will reach the tipping point. Many are concerned we may have. The judicial system is failing as we watch being intimidated by domestic terrorists into deciding nothing. It is not a pretty picture, but I'm sure it will just be fine and you will again get 15 cent 9mm. Not...
    Look, obviously, you guys can believe what you want.

But while there is a definite push to gun control right now, we've had that before. As to the concern about the "Left", frankly, the way Republicans and Democrats wring their hands about each other sounds like the nonsense from the Red Scare in the 50's and 60's. There is fundamentally not that much difference between the way either party behaves (when they are arguing whether to spend $900 billion of tax payer money or $2 Trillion, it's very clear that fiscal responsibility has stopped being a concern for the right or the left).

My guess is that the Democrats, being the Democrats, will shoot their wad on something really stupid and traitorous, and then lose Senate definitively and possibly lose the House in 2022... unless the Republicans, being the Republicans, do something even more monumentally stupid and traitorous than they normally do (looking at you Marjorie Taylor Greene and your Q caucus). Anyway, this has gotten way too political for the Ammunition section.

Suffice it to say, I'm pretty confident that things will get back to normalish in the next couple of years... or, if not, then pricey ammo is going to be the least of our problems. But, hey, I also stocked up when things were cheaper and I'm not running low on anything I regularly shoot, so what do I know about predicting things anyway? :whistle:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I hope, but I don't believe much that anyone says about this. They said for months that all manufacturers were running at full capacity. So that meant Remington wasn't and they weren't mentinoing that?
    Remington was in bankruptcy and another company that already owns several other ammo manufacturers bought their Alabama ammunition operations and put it back into production. That might explain why only coming online now

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    Here in south central Ohio ammo has completely dried up in the last month. We seem to have went from bad to worse. I know I will catch flak, but Vista Outdoors owning such a big chunk of ammo production is concerning. Right now their holdings are Federal, CCI, Remington , Alliant, Speer, Heavy Shot, and maybe more.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Here in south central Ohio ammo has completely dried up in the last month. We seem to have went from bad to worse. I know I will catch flak, but Vista Outdoors owning such a big chunk of ammo production is concerning. Right now their holdings are Federal, CCI, Remington , Alliant, Speer, Heavy Shot, and maybe more.
    Last ammo purchase for me was November of 2020. I haven't bought anything since then and am still waiting on 5K primers that were supposed to be here in January. Last I heard they were going to be here on 4/21. Past that now. :( I can cancel and get a refund but I'm being patient since I ordered them at pre-pandemic prices.

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    Last ammo purchase for me was November of 2020. I haven't bought anything since then and am still waiting on 5K primers that were supposed to be here in January. Last I heard they were going to be here on 4/21. Past that now. :( I can cancel and get a refund but I'm being patient since I ordered them at pre-pandemic prices.
    Primers are the big concern. We can have all the guns, brass, bullets, and powder but if we don't have primers we have nothing. Who ever produces the majority of the primers controls everything. I have only used Federal, CCI, Remington and Winchester. Winchester is the only one not under Vista Outdoors, as of now.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Has anyone seen any freshly made Remington ammunition out yet?
    Is there a way to tell? Recalling seeing quite a bit of Remington 22lr thunderbolts at Academy on Friday, Also they had 38 special, 45 acp and 223 etc, I was in there around 13:00 people were not falling over themselves to get to it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Not feeling bad about buying Perfecta up at $6.00 a box when Walmart was clearing them out. Caught a lot of flack from friends about supporting Wally World, but at those prices I was all in and glad I did. How does that go when it’s cheap buy it and stack it deep?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Is there a way to tell? Recalling seeing quite a bit of Remington 22lr thunderbolts at Academy on Friday, Also they had 38 special, 45 acp and 223 etc, I was in there around 13:00 people were not falling over themselves to get to it.
    I assume there would be a lot number on the tub/box whatever. Good luck deciphering it though.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    One store I frequent online, forget which one, finally had 380 in stock. Still more than I would pay, $1.20 a round, but first time that they had any in stock in for some time. Midway had 380 for .89 a round with a 3 box limit. So for one of the items I look for, I see some, not much, loosening of the market.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    Primers are the big concern. We can have all the guns, brass, bullets, and powder but if we don't have primers we have nothing. Who ever produces the majority of the primers controls everything. I have only used Federal, CCI, Remington and Winchester. Winchester is the only one not under Vista Outdoors, as of now.
    I think is hits one of the nails on the head. All it would take is the non 2A administration to make getting the raw materials really hard or some change to the supply change for these companies to have another way to move the anti guns agenda without touching the 2A. If some of those companies don't make it they would not care and would even look good to them I'm sure yet another way to get what they want.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I think is hits one of the nails on the head. All it would take is the non 2A administration to make getting the raw materials really hard or some change to the supply change for these companies to have another way to move the anti guns agenda without touching the 2A. If some of those companies don't make it they would not care and would even look good to them I'm sure yet another way to get what they want.
    That would be hard to sell to a liberal SCOTUS. Because it is part of the 2nd Amendment. Powder, shot, flint and today's world primers.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That would be hard to sell to a liberal SCOTUS. Because it is part of the 2nd Amendment. Powder, shot, flint and today's world primers.
    But it could be couched at least partially as an environmental thing. 100% tax on lead. Lead is bad.

Sure, the cost of building medical facilities will skyrocket, but thats the price you pay for social and ecological progress.

Am I doing it right? LOL

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    With the H.R. 1207 and the "Green Deal" stuff and similar garbage like Cameramonkey stated the current Admin does not care about anything but what they want and bend the rule as much as possible to get the outcome they want. They could do it and role the dice and then see what happens with SCOTUS. Would depend on if the SCOTUS would even take it up.

JSJamboree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2013
    Avon
    I love how everyone thinks Remingtons “all the sudden” producing ammo will end the “ammo drought”, well Remington was producing ammo in 2014 and guess what...there still wasn’t ammo on the shelves!, there will still be the flippers and hoarders, it’s just that now the flippers and hoarders will buy all the Remington ammo too!
    Alot of this has to do with the state of the internet too... We see it with shoes, computer components, gaming consoles, and ammo. Getting items to a larger online site/store is cheaper than shipping to local shops. Once online bots buy up everything before a real person can click the buttons, then they start flipping it. With electronics many of those sites have started implementing some controls but i have yet to find the larger gun/ammo suppliers implementing such tactics when they drop new inventory online. As long as people will pay scalper prices, those scalpers have the money to invest in better bots etc.. The potential answer for ammo would be for suppliers and middlemen to ship the majority of ammo to local stores instead of larger online warehouses, but that would also increase costs...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Alot of this has to do with the state of the internet too... We see it with shoes, computer components, gaming consoles, and ammo. Getting items to a larger online site/store is cheaper than shipping to local shops. Once online bots buy up everything before a real person can click the buttons, then they start flipping it. With electronics many of those sites have started implementing some controls but i have yet to find the larger gun/ammo suppliers implementing such tactics when they drop new inventory online. As long as people will pay scalper prices, those scalpers have the money to invest in better bots etc.. The potential answer for ammo would be for suppliers and middlemen to ship the majority of ammo to local stores instead of larger online warehouses, but that would also increase costs...
    And it would assume they actually GAF about WHO is buying the ammo. Most dont. All they care is the ammo is going out the door and they get their money.

They dont really care if its joe shooter, or Phil the flipper.

Top Bottom