Remington ammunition is running 24/7 now.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So Remington is now making there junk 22lr at super fast speeds.....it just go to show when you don't care about quality, Remington is there for you
    I haven't bought Remington 22lr in many years after seeing a friend's bucket of bullets failures.
    I'd expect a foreign 3rd world country made ammunition to preform that bad, not American made.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I haven't bought Remington 22lr in many years after seeing a friend's bucket of bullets failures.
    I'd expect a foreign 3rd world country made ammunition to preform that bad, not American made.
    Yeah but the buckets are nice sealed tight and store easily lol

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So Remington is now making there junk 22lr at super fast speeds.....it just go to show when you don't care about quality, Remington is there for you
    Which Remington?

Remington Arms Company, LLC was an American manufacturer of firearms and ammunition, now broken into two companies, each bearing the Remington name. The firearms manufacturer is Remington Arms. The ammunition business is called Remington. The company which was broken up was called Remington Outdoor Company. Sturm, Ruger & Co. purchased the Marlin Firearms division of the Remington Outdoor Company in 2020.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Which Remington?

Remington Arms Company, LLC was an American manufacturer of firearms and ammunition, now broken into two companies, each bearing the Remington name. The firearms manufacturer is Remington Arms. The ammunition business is called Remington. The company which was broken up was called Remington Outdoor Company. Sturm, Ruger & Co. purchased the Marlin Firearms division of the Remington Outdoor Company in 2020.
    I think you answered your own question.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Not sure how you get that, but ok. The point is it is not relevant to bash the post 2020 user of the name Remington for the sins of previous users of the name. The new stuff vould be great or bad. Anyone shot anymade by the current owners?
    Wasn’t an attack, I read the Wikipedia definition too. Still says Remington on the box and from my experience in the 22lr category it still isn’t good quality.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wasn’t an attack, I read the Wikipedia definition too. Still says Remington on the box and from my experience in the 22lr category it still isn’t good quality.
    I have been hearing similar comments to those posted here by other posters but when asked no one has tried the new stuff. Similarly was laughing at a friend that bought something labeled RCA, saying it was a good brand, he had no idea RCA was not a company anymore…

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I haven't purchased any Remington .22LR ammo for years because of the problems I've had with it in the past. I won't spend my money on it until I have heard they have gotten better. The last 100 pack that I bought at least 50% wouldn't fire, tried it in several guns and threw the rest away after it wouldn't feed or fire.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I haven't purchased any Remington .22LR ammo for years because of the problems I've had with it in the past. I won't spend my money on it until I have heard they have gotten better. The last 100 pack that I bought at least 50% wouldn't fire, tried it in several guns and threw the rest away after it wouldn't feed or fire.
    50%?!?! That sounds absurd. That had to be a storage issue there is no way a batch of ammo performed THAT badly from the factory.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    50%?!?! That sounds absurd. That had to be a storage issue there is no way a batch of ammo performed THAT badly from the factory.
    Failure to feed or fire out of my Ruger Mark III.

IMHIO this stuff was the dirtiest ammo I've ever shot. Had to wipe them all down to get the oil off of the bullets as my hands were covered with it when loading into the magazines

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I would guess that a couple dozen coons and a few groundhogs are alive thanks to Remington Golden bullet .22's.
    Had lots that wouldn't go off when I was keeping them(coons) off the birdfeeder. They wouldn't fire after multiple strikes.
    Never bought them again.
    They started up again and I heard they were "new and improved" but I wasn't sure they were different or sales hype.
    I do action jobs on S&W revolvers for carry and competition and I have done quite a few 617 revolvers that customers use in competition every weekend. A S&W .22 revolver has to have a heavier trigger pull than a centerfire revolver to crush the rim of the .22 and be reliable.
    A couple of customers contacted me and said they have started using the Remington bucket of .22's. They have used several thousand with NO MISFIRES. One customer said he cut a fired case open and the brass in the rim is thinner than the old Golden Bullets brass was.
    A .22 revolver even stock and no action work might still have a no fire once every 200 to 500 rounds, this is just the nature of almost all .22 ammo. Their claims that no problems in several thousand rounds was almost unbelievable.
    I bought a bucket and have shot a couple of matches with them and 0 issues. They are also running cleaner than the ammo I was previously using. I have my fingers crossed they keep running with no problems in the revolver and I will then try them in the rifle I use for steel challenge and see how they do with feeding out of a magazine and into the barrel.
    This is a small sample size so take it for what it is worth and I hope they continue to work as the old golden bullets were terrible and so far the newer ones are running great and are cheap(in todays market anyway).

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Which Remington?

While they still use the "Remington" name for advertising, I thought that the legal name of the firearms manufacturer was now "RemArms LLC". The firearms they make (at least the ones I've seen) are complete JUNK!
    I have not personally used any of the new Remington ammunition. I'm not sure if the Thunderduds are any better than they used to be. Hopefully the quality has improved. In the past, Remington ammunition was pretty low quality. It would usually go bang, but some bangs were louder than others (literally).

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    While they still use the "Remington" name for advertising, I thought that the legal name of the firearms manufacturer was now "RemArms LLC". The firearms they make (at least the ones I've seen) are complete JUNK!
    I have not personally used any of the new Remington ammunition. I'm not sure if the Thunderduds are any better than they used to be. Hopefully the quality has improved. In the past, Remington ammunition was pretty low quality. It would usually go bang, but some bangs were louder than others (literally).
    I just seen a video on the new Golden Sabre 45acp and was very disappointed. You might as well use a fmj if you are buying the new bonded Golden Sabre HP 230gr for 45acp.

Stick to HST and Gold Dot is where I'm at now unless it's a full power 10mm or my 44mag which I really like XTP. XTP is a fine HP if one can keep the velocity over 1050fps. Deep penetration and good expansion.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well some facts.
    The Remington Ammo plant is now owned by CCI/Speer [Vista Outdoor]
    They have restored the old Remington plant to full production after years of cost and corner cutting by its previous owner.
    Give them a bit, and then I would say you can trust it.. let them get the kinks worked out and it will be good.

They are using the Remington ammo brand still.. which honestly I think is a bad idea because of the recently history of it. Had it been me, I would have ditched the Remington brand and labeled everything with Union Metallic Cartridge.

The guns are made by some new company.

Top Bottom