• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I am wanting to sell my 16 gauge 870 pump , but I dont know how much I should put for price.It has a FEW minor scratches on stock , damn barbed wire fences chasing cottontails on saturdays.I am second owner as my uncle was original buyer.It has plain barrel 26 or 28 inch barrel .

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I am wanting to sell my 16 gauge 870 pump , but I dont know how much I should put for price.It has a FEW minor scratches on stock , damn barbed wire fences chasing cottontails on saturdays.I am second owner as my uncle was original buyer.It has plain barrel 26 or 28 inch barrel .
    If you have a Gunbroker account, you can check completed auctions. IMHO that's the best way to determine current market values. It's easy to set up an account too. I think they make you let them ding a credit or debit card for a dollar to make sure it's a valid CC number, but IIRC it's refunded once it's validated.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If you have a Gunbroker account, you can check completed auctions. IMHO that's the best way to determine current market values. It's easy to set up an account too. I think they make you let them ding a credit or debit card for a dollar to make sure it's a valid CC number, but IIRC it's refunded once it's validated.
    Ones on Gunbroker (completed auctions) are all over the place, there's average ones for about 400.00, a really really nice non-vent rib one just sold for 681.00.

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    870 prices have seemed to stabilize a little. The above is accurate.
    16ga is kinda a specific market and can swing either direction more that the 12ga ones do…but not to the extent that we have seen with the 20ga.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    All good advice. I would also caution that GB completed auctions are based upon a nationwide audience. Ie. if you want Gunbroker price you need to list it on GB. A local sale may come close but will typically be less based upon the much smaller buyer pool and limited exposure. Even here.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    2021 Standard Catalog of Firearms lists the model 870 Wingmaster: Exc $450, VG $300, Good $220

I would expect you could see better than those prices but there are more copies of this shotty than any other out there...

Top Bottom