Remington 350 Legend Lever-action Rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My buddy ran a .458 Socom.
    My cuz and I did .35 rem trimmed.
    Coworker did the .358 Hoosier.

PCR spec is .35 cal and larger, 1.16 min, 1.8 max case length.
    Thats it.

The old spec was same cal and min, but max was 1.625 IIRC
    The later change to 1.8 max allowed for the .35 Rem trim.

Ive thought about going .44 mag and ream to .445 Supermag.
    Or .460 S&W, but Ruger #1s are getting stoopid priced.

Last edited:

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Upon reading the article, it says the cartridge was developed in partnership with Henry. Watched the video again and I think the lever gun in the video is a Henry.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Upon reading the article, it says the cartridge was developed in partnership with Henry. Watched the video again and I think the lever gun in the video is a Henry.
    So possibly a combination of both.
    New cartridge from Remington and a new clambering of that cartridge in a Henry lever-action rifle?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Indiana has no straight wall case mandate for public land.
    FWIW when the PCR case length spec was changed (made longer) to 1.8" the trimmed .35 rem got pretty popular.
    Several other states do have a straight Wall requirement. Ohio is one. The 350 Legend is a great round for any age and for those into AR type things can be ran in that as well.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I like all cartridges. I like ballistic tables. I Love 35 rem for deer hunting. Some cartridges work much better than the ballistic tables would show. The 35 rem is one. 7-30 Waters is another. 257 Robert's and 32 special.

Not a whole lot to go one.
    I guessing they are coming out with a 350 Legend Lever-action.

If so how many would be interested?

Another question what would a 350 Legend have over the Ole 35 Remington?
    What I normally look for in a lever action round is a rimmed cartridge.
    The new 350 and the 35 rem seat on the shoulder and I don't see a shoulder to seat on. Just because it fits in AR mag does not make it a good lever action round. I think if this was for a lever gun then it would have a rim.

The cartridge is for staying legal on Ohio deer hunting regulations. Handloaders just used what they had around (223 brass 35 caliber bullets power primers add time and brain power. ) they can make it into a lever and I would like to see how they pull it off and if they do it well on the range.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Several other states do have a straight Wall requirement. Ohio is one. The 350 Legend is a great round for any age and for those into AR type things can be ran in that as well.
    We have decent whitetail hunting here. If I go out of state gun itll be for mule deer and reg HP rifle.

Have a mid 160s net WT on the wall so while not a Booner ( 5 1/2" split on brow knocked him outta book ).....gonna be hard to top that.

Out of state WT will be bow, recurve.

Haven't found any rifles of interest, outside of an STG58 clone or a .257 Weatherby Mag.
    And doubt I get either one of those.
    Heck, aint killed anything w my Steyr ProHunter yet.

Last edited:

MikeHoncho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2019
    Laurel
    How are the quality on their lever guns these days? I remember being told not to buy the new Marlins "Remlins" because of fit and finish issues...I'm guessing they are a lot better now?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    How are the quality on their lever guns these days? I remember being told not to buy the new Marlins "Remlins" because of fit and finish issues...I'm guessing they are a lot better now?
    They are excellent under Ruger. Truth be told though while some of the Marlins had shoddy QC around 2010 and after when Remington took them over a couple years later I saw the Rwm Marlins actually not look bad. But to hear a couple Internet forums it was forever.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    They are excellent under Ruger. Truth be told though while some of the Marlins had shoddy QC around 2010 and after when Remington took them over a couple years later I saw the Rwm Marlins actually not look bad. But to hear a couple Internet forums it was forever.
    Posted up thread, I have two of the Remington made Marlin levers and they are both fine rifles.
    I have an 1895 in .45-70 gvt and a 336 in .35 Remington.
    Both have very nice fit and finish but more importantly, they shoot to point of aim.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I watched some YT vid on the new .360 Buckhammer.
    Dunno if tossing out that kinda bullet to 200 yards is a big deal or not.
    Am content to run my geezer .35 Rem to 150 yards.

Price on the new ammo?
    Forget what they said, 38 bucks a box maybe?

Just checked what .35 Rem Hornady Leverevolution goes for.
    Well it seems as though its hardly available and if you find it..........over 60 bucks a box.
    Its .35 Remington, not .35 Weatherby NSM (not so magnum) LOL

Just checked my stash, am good. Wanted to finish off filling the ammo can, but not at those prices!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I watched some YT vid on the new .360 Buckhammer.
    Dunno if tossing out that kinda bullet to 200 yards is a big deal or not.
    Am content to run my geezer .35 Rem to 150 yards.

Price on the new ammo?
    Forget what they said, 38 bucks a box maybe?

Just checked what .35 Rem Hornady Leverevolution goes for.
    Well it seems as though its hardly available and if you find it..........over 60 bucks a box.
    Its .35 Remington, not .35 Weatherby NSM (not so magnum) LOL

Just checked my stash, am good. Wanted to finish off filling the ammo can, but not at those prices!
    I figured it would be reduced. However, reloading the 35 Remington would counter the cost by a large margin.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Somebody on another forum needed brass so I gave him about 4 boxes of Hornady empties. Everything I have now is factory loaded. Have dies, primers and powder, so when some FTX 200 grainers show up will buy and be set. Forever.

My last Contender and Rem 760 loved the Hornady factory ammo, so i just ran it. When it was under 35 bucks a box

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    .350 Legend isn't necessarily aimed at those who already have what they have and already like what they have.

It's a great platform to start out with, though, provided you have the initial startup $ and want something new and a tad more mild than other calibers. Again - a gas gun can help with those who are recoil sensitive.

And you can also get a 7 shot X-frame revolver to go with whatever other hunting platform you choose.

Tristen1997

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2023
    West Indianapolis
    I wish it was the reveal of a 350 legend lever gun. Being Remington though it is most certainly a caliber tease, that of which being 360 buckhamr. I will certainly see how this caliber does and might pick it up as an alternative to my 350 AR if I can’t get 350 in a lever gun soon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wish it was the reveal of a 350 legend lever gun. Being Remington though it is most certainly a caliber tease, that of which being 360 buckhamr. I will certainly see how this caliber does and might pick it up as an alternative to my 350 AR if I can’t get 350 in a lever gun soon.
    Dude... if you're going to try and register a shill account, it's probably a good idea to use one that's a lot less similar to the one you just got banned under. :n00b:

Top Bottom